ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

-------> IS THIS TRUE ??? <------

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

penilane009
Newly Registered

-------> IS THIS TRUE ??? <------

Post by penilane009 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:29 pm

I've heard that if one stays in aus. legally for 3-4 years he is eligable to appply for perment residency and later citizenship.

I'm a Indian national who wants to go and study in Aus. for post graduate study (in international relations), SO after studying in AUS for 3 years on STUDENT VISA can i apply for permenat residency and later become a citizen?

any and all comments will be greatly appreciated
thank you

sherocks4me
Newly Registered

Post by sherocks4me » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:23 am

Question : I've heard that if one stays in aus. legally for 3-4 years he is eligable to appply for perment residency and later citizenship.

Answer :This depends on you visa status.

Question: I'm a Indian national who wants to go and study in Aus. for post graduate study (in international relations), SO after studying in AUS for 3 years on STUDENT VISA can i apply for permenat residency and later become a citizen?

Answer: As far as my information is concorned, if you get your postgraduate studies from Australia you become eligible to apply for immigration. You have to apply it to the immigration department if you wish to get permanent residence for Australia