ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent status after switching from Tier 2 General to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pradbis
Newly Registered

Dependent status after switching from Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by pradbis » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:26 am

Hello board members,

Had a question for which I would be grateful to have an answer.

I recently switched from Tier 2 General to ILR (5 year route). My wife and children are on dependent permits (dependent on my Tier 2 General permit). Because they have only been dependent on my permit for 2 years, they do not fulfil the ILR criteria and I have not applied for ILR for them.
My employer will now withdraw Tier 2 General sponsorship from me because I don't need it anymore.
Do I now need to separately apply for an ILR dependent permit for them or would they automatically transition over from Tier 2 General dependents to dependents on my ILR permit?

Thanks a million in advance,

Pradipto

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent status after switching from Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:39 am

Do I now need to separately apply for an ILR dependent permit for them
No.
or would they automatically transition over from Tier 2 General dependents to dependents on my ILR permit?
No, nothing happens 'automatically' where visas are concerned.

They can continue to extend their current PBS Dependent visas until they qualify for ILR. There is no requirement for them to change visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.