ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moh owa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Discretionary leave to remain

Post by Moh owa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Hello I need advice, I have DLR visa I got one year ago I know I can’t go back to Pakistan but is it possible that I can sponser my wife , at the moment I’m single thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Discretionary leave to remain

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Moh owa wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 pm
Hello I need advice, I have DLR visa I got one year ago I know I can’t go back to Pakistan but is it possible that I can sponser my wife , at the moment I’m single thanks
No, you will not be able to sponsor your spouse until you have settled status (ILR or British citizenship).
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:58 am

I think with DLR you can travel to your home country as you will need to have your country's passport (as opposed to refugee status). But as said by CMOSUK, you will either have been settled (ILR) or become British to sponsor.

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:54 pm

You can travel to your home country if you have your passport. I am on my 2nd dlr and have always travelled with no problem