ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Citizen gap in employment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Riz035
Newly Registered

EEA Citizen gap in employment

Post by Riz035 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Hi guys,
I'm postin on behalf of my wife and would appreciate some help.

My wife who's an Eea national entered the UK June 2006 as an au-pair till June 2007. From September 2007 to September 2008 she was self employed and started working as full time employee from October 2008 til present. We can't find her self employment records however have all the docs for employments P60 etc.
She obtained her PR in October 2016 so she is eligible to apply for naturalisation from October 2017.
She is planing to send her naturalisation application later this month but only has employment records for last 9 and half years. Would that cause an issue? Should she include her self-employment in section 1.50 even though she can't find her records? Is it compulsary to include 10 years of employment/self employment history, what if you were unemployed?
Second question if I may; she printed of the form in early February 2018, filled in everything and got her referees to sign for her but now realised there is an updated version released by HO late in the same month. Does she need to fill in the new form albeit the information required is exactly the same on both forms?

Would really appreciate if someone can help? Thanks.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: EEA Citizen gap in employment

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:41 am

Riz035 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:32 pm
Hi guys,
I'm postin on behalf of my wife and would appreciate some help.

My wife who's an Eea national entered the UK June 2006 as an au-pair till June 2007. From September 2007 to September 2008 she was self employed and started working as full time employee from October 2008 til present. We can't find her self employment records however have all the docs for employments P60 etc.
Did she declare her income to HMRC? If so, include in application. You will not need to provide the document as it is over 5yrs ago.

She obtained her PR in October 2016 so she is eligible to apply for naturalisation from October 2017.
She is planing to send her naturalisation application later this month but only has employment records for last 9 and half years. Would that cause an issue? Should she include her self-employment in section 1.50 even though she can't find her records?
Yes
Is it compulsary to include 10 years of employment/self employment history, what if you were unemployed? If HO asks, you provide.
Second question if I may; she printed of the form in early February 2018, filled in everything and got her referees to sign for her but now realised there is an updated version released by HO late in the same month. Does she need to fill in the new form albeit the information required is exactly the same on both forms?
I recall a forum member in a slightly similar position (online v paper version) as you who submitted the forms with an explanation in a cover letter and application got approved. Im in the same situation (online v paper) and I have just submitted doing the same. It makes sense doesn't it as the forms exactly the same in your case?
Would really appreciate if someone can help? Thanks.