ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension or EEA2?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LA_Mike

Extension or EEA2?

Post by LA_Mike » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:13 pm

I am a US citizen who entered the UK on a 1 year HSMP in June 2004, got a 3 year FLR in June 2005 and married an Irish citizen in August 2007. My FLR expires in June 2008.

I have been continuously employed and continuously living with my (now) wife since entry. I qualify for the Tier 1 visa, but I'd rather not fork out another 750 quid if I can avoid it.

Can anybody advise whether I am eligible for EEA2? If so, does anybody know if there is an expedited process for approval? I have to travel frequently for work, so being without a passport for an extended period of time is not palatable.

Are there any alternatives? Is there anything my employer (a big european bank) can do to move thing faster?

Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:14 pm

Whilst recognising the factor of saving £750, do you appreciate that if you switch to the EU route that your UK immigration clock will be reset back to zero?

So if the intention is to get ILR as soon as possible, and then British Citizenship, you might give some thought to staying on the Tier 1 route.
John

LA_Mike

Post by LA_Mike » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:29 pm

John wrote:Whilst recognising the factor of saving £750, do you appreciate that if you switch to the EU route that your UK immigration clock will be reset back to zero?
I hadn't realized that. This is very useful information!

What would happen if I switched to a work permit? As I understand it, this would not reset the clock.