ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC via naturalisation for couple

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

positiveme
United Kingdom

BC via naturalisation for couple

Post by positiveme » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your continuous support to people in need through this website and all the great advises provided by experts and all who have provided feedback. This helps us every day and great help as always.

I have gone through the visa process and now getting ready for the BC. I am planning to apply it with my spouse in Oct/Nov time (although I qualify in June) as we want to do the ceremony together. Does this make any difference if we do it together or single?

I also have few queries if someone can help me understand them please?

1. I have the AN form from Feb 2018. These forms tend to be released twice in a year. Will the next one will be released in Sept 2018?

2. What is the total fee for the complete process?
Naturalisation - £1330 per person (pp)
Registration - £1206 pp
Ceremony - £80pp (but incl. in Naturalisation I guess!)
Passport Fee - £72.50pp

Then I guess, postage fee too. Have I missed any other fee (or given wrong above)?

3. My wife is a house maker who has worked as self-employed now and then to support but not all the time. The current status is self-employed (and might be same when we will apply). From reading forum, I guess we need to provide ONE "HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account" only. Is this correct?
Do we need to provide any other document for my spouse at all or just one document will do?

4. BRPs - We currently have no plans to travel during the process of application. We would like to apply for passports once got our BC. How much time it takes to get BP after getting BC (through postal application)?

5. BRPs - I have read few forums here where people needed their BRPs for their UK born children (when they had ILR and child was born). Our child has BP through naturalisation. Will be need to retain our BRPs for any reason to support our child's British Residency?

6. Documents - From the form and guidance, it seems we will need:

1) Form
2) Two photos
3) Passports
4) BRP Card
5) Life in the UK Test certificate
6) UK Degree or certificate for language
7) for spouse only - HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account
8) Payment slip
9) Return envelopes
10) Marriage Certificate

Have I missed anything?

I am saving for this huge expense and want to prepare before I apply. That will help me understand the process and also if I need any supporting documents, I can start working on them now.

Your help, advice and guidance will help me as always have done in past.

Again, thank you so much for your help both directly and indirectly.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC via naturalisation for couple

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:05 am

Does this make any difference if we do it together or single?
Makes no difference. Each person must meet the requirement individually. There have been cases of one spouse being approved and the other being refused.
I also have few queries if someone can help me understand them please?
1. I have the AN form from Feb 2018. These forms tend to be released twice in a year. Will the next one will be released in Sept 2018?
You should ideally wait till near the time as the form could change or be updated.
2. What is the total fee for the complete process?
Naturalisation - £1330 per person (pp)
Registration - £1206 pp
Ceremony - £80pp (but incl. in Naturalisation I guess!)
Passport Fee - £72.50pp
Then I guess, postage fee too. Have I missed any other fee (or given wrong above)?
Only the highlighted amounts. It also depends on how you apply, i.e. Online and then NDRS service, NCS at council or by post on what additional cost there is.
3. My wife is a house maker who has worked as self-employed now and then to support but not all the time. The current status is self-employed (and might be same when we will apply). From reading forum, I guess we need to provide ONE "HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account" only. Is this correct?
Do we need to provide any other document for my spouse at all or just one document will do?
Employment is not mandatory for citizenship and if she is self employed, submit what the form asks for.
4. BRPs - We currently have no plans to travel during the process of application. We would like to apply for passports once got our BC. How much time it takes to get BP after getting BC (through postal application)?
It depends on if you apply using a joint citizenship and passport scheme or if you do them applications separately.
5. BRPs - I have read few forums here where people needed their BRPs for their UK born children (when they had ILR and child was born). Our child has BP through naturalisation. Will be need to retain our BRPs for any reason to support our child's British Residency?
They need to be returned. Keep a certified copy.
6. Documents - From the form and guidance, it seems we will need:

1) Form
2) Two photos
3) Passports
4) BRP Card
5) Life in the UK Test certificate
6) UK Degree or certificate for language
7) for spouse only - HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account
8) Payment slip
9) Return envelopes
10) Marriage Certificate

Have I missed anything?
Should be ok.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Re: BC via naturalisation for couple

Post by positiveme » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:05 am

Thank you so much. Much appreciate.