ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa. Pay Slips question.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jackw40
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa. Pay Slips question.

Post by Jackw40 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi, I am currently on the route to getting to financial requirements needed for my wife Spouse Visa.
I am going down the CIS route for my employment. I get paid every 2 weeks, should i get payslips for every time i will be getting paid or one at the end of the month showing everything added up for that month.
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa. Pay Slips question.

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:22 pm

You should continue to get the payslips with normal pattern as designed by your employer either weekly/fortnightly/monthly. But since the guideline is in monthly & annually so therefore, you should have to convert weekly/fortnightly into months & year. For instance if you are with current employer from 6 months and if get paid fortnightly then you need 13 paylips.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:11 pm

Jackw40 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:54 pm
Hi, I am currently on the route to getting to financial requirements needed for my wife Spouse Visa.
I am going down the CIS route for my employment. I get paid every 2 weeks, should i get payslips for every time i will be getting paid or one at the end of the month showing everything added up for that month.
There's some confusion here. If you are registered under CIS, you are a self-employed sub-contractor and the main contractor isn't your employer. The slips you are being issued with are showing the tax deductions the contractor has paid on your behalf to HMRC (generally 20%).
They aren't able to issue you with payslips. The contractor has a legal requirement to issue one CIS statement at the end of each calendar month.

In order to meet the minimum income level of £18,600 you will have to show 12 months earnings with the nett amount after allowable business expenses have been deducted. Have you submitted a self-assessment tax return for 2017-18?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jackw40
Newly Registered

Post by Jackw40 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:11 pm
Jackw40 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:54 pm
There's some confusion here. If you are registered under CIS, you are a self-employed sub-contractor and the main contractor isn't your employer. The slips you are being issued with are showing the tax deductions the contractor has paid on your behalf to HMRC (generally 20%).
They aren't able to issue you with payslips. The contractor has a legal requirement to issue one CIS statement at the end of each calendar month.

In order to meet the minimum income level of £18,600 you will have to show 12 months earnings with the nett amount after allowable business expenses have been deducted. Have you submitted a self-assessment tax return for 2017-18?
Sorry if i have confused you in anyway, this is what i have read and asked a immigration lawyer about. To my understanding this falls into me.

'A person working as a subcontractor under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), administered by HMRC (and under which the contractor deducts tax and National Insurance contributions from the payments made to the subcontractor), can, as an alternative to meeting the requirements of Appendix FM-SE in respect of self- employment, choose instead to count their CIS income as income from salaried employment. If they do, they must meet the requirements of paragraph 2 of Appendix FM-SE for specified evidence for salaried employment, subject to reflecting their status as a CIS contractor rather than an employed person. So, they must provide CIS payment slips in place of payslips, a letter from the CIS contractor in place of an employer’s letter and the required personal bank statements. If a person cannot provide this evidence, or it is not clear that they are covered by the CIS scheme, their income should be treated as income from self-employment and the relevant self-employment evidence must be provided.'

I am sub-contracting under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) and being given like you said a deduction statement (payment slip as mentioned above) each time i am paid (every 2 weeks) I have all evidence to prove i am covered by this scheme. and i fall directly under this category.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 pm

In which case apply under the instructions given in 5.5.17.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.