ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for PBS Dependant after the main applicant had ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SohaibTahseen
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR for PBS Dependant after the main applicant had ILR

Post by SohaibTahseen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi there,

Need help with the dependant visa for my wife.

I recently got my ILR visa issued from Tier 2 General visa on completing my 5 years.
My previous Tier 2 visa extension was from 01-02-2016 to 24-02-2019. But I was eligible for my ILR on 01-03-2018 which I applied and got it.
My wife got her visa as PBS dependant visa for Tier 2 on 11-07-2017 which was valid until 24-02-2019.
so the questions I have is:

1. Can me and my wife travel with our current visa?
2. If I want to extend or change my wife's visa what application should I proceed with?
3. As I am on ILR which is having a valid until date of 31-12-2024, Do my wife will get the new visa PBS dependant issued until this date?
4. Do I have to pay IHS fees for the 7 years?

I would really appreciate the response to my questions.

Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for PBS Dependant after the main applicant had ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:17 pm

1. Yes she can.

2. If you need to extend it to reach 5 years residence, it is a PBS Dependent extension shortly before her current visa expires.

3. No, she will get a 3 year PBS Dependent extension as this is what the Immigration Rules state she will be granted.

4. No, you pay for 3 year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SohaibTahseen
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for PBS Dependant after the main applicant had ILR

Post by SohaibTahseen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:17 pm
1. Yes she can.

2. If you need to extend it to reach 5 years residence, it is a PBS Dependent extension shortly before her current visa expires.

3. No, she will get a 3 year PBS Dependent extension as this is what the Immigration Rules state she will be granted.

4. No, you pay for 3 year.
Thanks a lot CR001 :)