ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting the US

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Horntonhill
Newly Registered

Visiting the US

Post by Horntonhill » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi guys, hope you can clear up something I am really confused about. I am a bit stupid about all this visa thing. Sorry.

I have some friends in the US and am wanting to visit them quite a bit this year. I have been over for 10 days on the VWP last month, I am going back for 4 days next month and then am planned to go for 2 weeks in June.

I then plan on doing a bit of touring and spending August and September in the US. Then coming home to the UK as I have a work contract I need to do. I then want to go back to the US for November and December and return home in January.

I hope this makes sense so far. lol.

I don't plan on doing any study or work while I am there. I am only going to spend time with some friends while I have a bit of time available from work in the UK this year.

My question is this : Am I going to have any problems getting into the US with so many frequent visits? I have been told that I an visit for upto 90 days on the VWP, but does it limit how many times a year I can do it? Do I have to spend a certain amount of time back in the UK between visits to the US?

Any help on this will be very much appreciated. I apologise for being an visa idiot.

Thankyou in advance.

sharpy102
Newly Registered

Post by sharpy102 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:11 pm

hey there,

Personally, I don't think you would have any problem about entering...I think you can just visit the US back and forth as many time as you wish. Just never ever overstay...Good luck!

Horntonhill
Newly Registered

Post by Horntonhill » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:29 pm

So you think it should all be cool as long as I keep it under my allowed 90 days each time?

Thanks for the reply

bubbe2005
Newly Registered

Post by bubbe2005 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:39 pm

hey horntonhill;

good question, wish i knew the answer!! i am going in sept and spending the full 90 days there, so far i have not seen any topic or subject in terms of the about of times you can go to the u.s under the waiver program..

fluffy79
Newly Registered

Post by fluffy79 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:10 pm

From the research I have done it seems the general rule of thumb is that you have to be out the country for as long as you were there. ie. if you went for 90 days then you would have to be out of US for 90 days before you could go back. I dont think there is any legal limit to the amount of times you go but if you keep going back they may get more suspicious.
You also need to make sure you have your story straight if you get questioned, if they are suspicious you might need to prove you are travelling ie. have sufficient money etc, or they might think you are trying to play the system. Your story sounds pretty straight tho so i am sure you will be fine.