ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Main applicant - which entry visa type for wife is valid?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaychauhan
Newly Registered
India

ILR main applicant - Can I apply for tier 1 dependant visa for my wife

Post by jaychauhan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi
I would like to know whether I can apply for Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife instead of Ilr settlement dependent visa? Because Ilr settlement dependent visa takes considerably long time than Tier 1 dependent visa.

I read the guidelines and it says
"the spouse or partner of a person with indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship who last
held leave in Tier 1, 2, or 5 of the Points Based System and you do not yet qualify for indefinite
leave to remain; or"

Because I was on Tier 1 before ILR so this seems to be ok but just wanted to confirm as the last line says "yet do not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain".

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR main applicant - Can I apply for tier 1 dependant visa for my wife

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:12 pm

No, as your wife wouldn't be a Tier Dependant, she would be the spouse of a settled person who has iLR. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm

jaychauhan wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:00 pm
Hi
I would like to know whether I can apply for Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife instead of Ilr settlement dependent visa? Because Ilr settlement dependent visa takes considerably long time than Tier 1 dependent visa.

"the spouse or partner of a person with indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship who last
held leave in Tier 1, 2, or 5 of the Points Based System and you do not yet qualify for indefinite
leave to remain; or"

Because I was on Tier 1 before ILR so this seems to be ok but just wanted to confirm as the last line says "yet do not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain".

Many thanks
It depends on how you got your ILR. If you got your ILR based on your T1 (5 year route), then yes, you can apply for PBS dependant visa. If your ILR was based on 10 year then you need to go with the ILR settlement visa.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:45 pm

My understanding is the spouse could only continue to extend a PBS Dependant visa if they were already in the UK under this category. Not for an entry visa when the sponsor now has ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jaychauhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by jaychauhan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Yes that is correct. I got my ILR via the 5 year route. Hence i was bit confused as the pdf in the link below says that it is possible

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2-2018.pdf

marcnath wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm
jaychauhan wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:00 pm
Hi

leave to remain; or"

Many thanks
It depends on how you got your ILR. If you got your ILR based on your T1 (5 year route), then yes, you can apply for PBS dependant visa. If your ILR was based on 10 year then you need to go with the ILR settlement visa.

jaychauhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by jaychauhan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks for your replies guys. Is there a way I can be sure about this before applying? Because not only time wise even documents wise ILR dependent I think requires more like UK NARIC certificate or life in uk kind of tests. Correct me if I am wrong please.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:45 pm
My understanding is the spouse could only continue to extend a PBS Dependant visa if they were already in the UK under this category. Not for an entry visa when the sponsor now has ILR.
I believe that Casa is correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:45 pm
I don't think so.

Under Section 319C (b) (iii), the applicant should be able to apply for entry clearance as a PBS dependant.

Relevant portion reproduced below:
319C. Requirements for entry clearance or leave to remain
To qualify for entry clearance or leave to remain as the Partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant .......
(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who:
(i) has valid leave to enter or remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
(ii) is, at the same time, being granted entry clearance or leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
(iii) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.......
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 am

Unfortunately, there are no provisions in 319D(a) to grant entry clearance to the partner of an ILR holder.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:42 am

marcnath wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:51 pm
I don't think so.

Under Section 319C (b) (iii), the applicant should be able to apply for entry clearance as a PBS dependant.

Relevant portion reproduced below:
319C. Requirements for entry clearance or leave to remain
To qualify for entry clearance or leave to remain as the Partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant .......
(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who:
(i) has valid leave to enter or remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
(ii) is, at the same time, being granted entry clearance or leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
(iii) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.......
I think you are giving wrong information.
He is no longer on Tier 1.
He is now settled. So the partner should be looking at entry clearance as a dependant of a settled person.
It is covered in 281,282 and 284 of the Immigration rules.
I want to believe that the partner is applying for the first as a dependant.

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:44 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 am
Unfortunately, there are no provisions in 319D(a) to grant entry clearance to the partner of an ILR holder.
This is because an ILR holder is already a settled person and I believe if a partner is applying for the first time as dependant then it should be as a dependant of a settled person which is covered in 281,282 and 284 of the immigration rules.

All the submissions by Casa is totally valid

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:49 am

jaychauhan wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:01 pm
Thanks for your replies guys. Is there a way I can be sure about this before applying? Because not only time wise even documents wise ILR dependent I think requires more like UK NARIC certificate or life in uk kind of tests. Correct me if I am wrong please.
Click - Information as spouse of a settled person

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:04 am

lanrezy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:44 am
This is because an ILR holder is already a settled person and I believe if a partner is applying for the first time as dependant then it should be as a dependant of a settled person which is covered in 281,282 and 284 of the immigration rules.
Unfortunately, the transitional provisions do not apply. The spouse visa will be subject to Appendix FM, FM-SE, etc.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:29 am

I stand corrected. I agree that a further reading of 319 confirms to me that entry clearance as a PBS dependant is not available for partners of ILR holders.

jaychauhan
Newly Registered
India

ILR Main applicant - which entry visa type for wife is valid?

Post by jaychauhan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi Guys
I am currently on ILR and having discussed before my wife (who is in India) is not eligible for entry level Tier 1 dependent visa. I checked on following website as to what visa i should apply it said family visa.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/family

but when i got to fill out the application form on website.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Applicat ... BehalfOf=Y

When i select visit visa and also select check box "will she work here". it says you have selected wrong visa type (please see below screenshot)

I am not sure what visa type should i selected. the only option left is the visa type should be settlement visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Main applicant - which entry visa type for wife is valid?

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:14 pm

(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:16 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:17 am

jaychauhan wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm
When i select visit visa and also select check box "will she work here". it says you have selected wrong visa type (please see below screenshot)

I am not sure what visa type should i selected. the only option left is the visa type should be settlement visa?
Why would you select 'Visit visa' if she is coming to live???

You must select :
Settlement
>> Settlement
>>>> Wife
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jaychauhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by jaychauhan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi Guys
I finally am applying for the visa and got a list of documents as below. Hope the list is complete? I was meaning to ask what is the best way to send the documents to India (to my wife) because all will be original so want to be sure.

forms
-vaf4a
- online application form
- appendix 2

my documents
- rent agreement
- letter from landlord that you can stay
- council tax bill 2018-2019
- bank statements 6 months
- salary slip 6 months
- company letter
- p60 forms for last 3 years
- passport and visa card color copy attested
- soft copy of letter from home office for PR
- cover letter from me confirming relationship, and that im sponsoring you

common
- marriage certificate
- wedding card in english
- few wedding photos color
- travel together hotel and flight bills
- whats app call list screenshots
- skype calls history

rakhis documents
- original degree
- transcript
- naric certificate eng assessment
- naric certificate degree certificate
- marksheets
- letter of english degree
- up to date cv
- job experience letters. all of them.
- tb test from certified center
- passport and visa photos (visa specific ones)
- bank statements