ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part Time Job for Survival

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

h_s_m_p

Part Time Job for Survival

Post by h_s_m_p » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:49 am

Hi Guyz,

I could see couple of post from ppl who have gone to uk and struggling to find jobs and finding it difficult to survive there. Just a point of clarification here. I dont mind doing a part time job to survive in uk till we get a good job. Do you guys think that is a bad idea.

Do you even find it hard to get a part time job in any line of business..

Where there is a Will there is a Way.....

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: Part Time Job for Survival

Post by thirdwave » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:20 pm

h_s_m_p wrote:Hi Guyz,

I could see couple of post from ppl who have gone to uk and struggling to find jobs and finding it difficult to survive there. Just a point of clarification here. I dont mind doing a part time job to survive in uk till we get a good job. Do you guys think that is a bad idea.

Do you even find it hard to get a part time job in any line of business..

Where there is a Will there is a Way.....
There is nothing in the HSMP rules that prevents applicants from taking on part time work whilst on the visa.However, you might want to consider whether you really want to throw away a decently paid job back home if all you expect to find in the UK is a job at McDonalds.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:41 pm

I dont get this....Why do u want to do a part time job ??Part jobs are only on shops/mac/Tesco...and also UK is very expensive..You CANNOT survive on part time jobs(unless you really strtech yourself..)But then it brings us back to basic Q. why ,being HSMP you need to work to fill up shelves???I guess u r from Asia/India..The cost of living in Asia is low, and you can live a decent life with a moederate salary..

Rest is upto u..

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:35 pm

I think the OP is talking about doing a part time job till he finds a real permanent job.

and why not do a part time job? i see nothing wrong in that. i can see 2 issues here :-

UK is really a expensive place for us Indians ,so even if a part-time job does not pay ur full monthly expense , some part of it is also ok. something is better than nothing. at least we donot have to burn our savings completely.

when one is jobless and idle , demons start to rise in your mind , i mean ur fears and negativity starts coming up . soon u will find urself frustrated and depressed . its not a very good situation. so it is better to be "occupied". u could also socialize and understand the culture here while u are in a part time job.

- wanna_bee

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:43 pm

also , donot part-time jobs pay ?

i donot know if my numbers are right , correct me if i'm wrong :-

say, if one works for 4 hours a day at GBP 7 per hour , he ends up making about GBP 560 per month. A PG dig in East Ham or similar place would cost around GBP 300 per month. So cannot one just break even ? or burn minimum from ones savings ?

- wanna_bee.

daisy_ktm
BANNED

Post by daisy_ktm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:34 pm

FRIENDS,

NO JOB HERE..LETS BE CLEAR...GO BACK TO HOME COUNTRY REQUEST PREVIOUS HR MANAGER TO GIVE BACK INDIAN JOB.I THINK THATS THE ONLY WAY...

THINK TWICE OR THEICW BEFORE QUITING YOUR JOBS...1000S OF HSMP
HOLDERS STARTED WORKING IN SUPER MARKETS & COFEEE SHOPS..
I KNOW AT LEAST 10 OF MY FRIENDS IN COFEE SHOPS, CLEANING TABLES. THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THAT JOB WITH EASTERN EUROPIANS WHO GOT A DEFINITE EDGE OVER INDIANS..

SO EVEN THAT IS NOT EASY

NO IT JOB HERE AT ALL..