ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant Queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vik84
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependant Queries

Post by vik84 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:27 am

Hello,

I have come to UK on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa in Nov 2017. I am in process of applying for a dependant visa for my spouse. Once, my spouse is in UK, I have the following queries:

1. Can my spouse change her visa from Tier 2 ICT Dependant visa to Tier 2 General Visa in UK
2. Does she need to travel to India to apply for General Visa?
3. Is cooling period applicable to her?
4. Once my spouse has her own Tier 2 General Visa, can I switch my Tier 2 ICT visa to Tier 2 General Dependant Visa in UK?
5. Is cooling period applicable to Point 4 above?
6. Once I get the Tier 2 General Dependant Visa, can I switch to Tier 2 General Visa?
7. Can I switch in UK? Or do I need to go back to India?
8. Is cooling period applicable to me for points 6 and 7?

Thanks in advance.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 Dependant Queries

Post by Sv2018 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:30 am

vik84 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:27 am
Hello,

I have come to UK on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa in Nov 2017. I am in process of applying for a dependant visa for my spouse. Once, my spouse is in UK, I have the following queries:

1. Can my spouse change her visa from Tier 2 ICT Dependant visa to Tier 2 General Visa in UK---

Nope, can change only from the home country.

2. Does she need to travel to India to apply for General Visa?
----Yes

3. Is cooling period applicable to her?----No

4. Once my spouse has her own Tier 2 General Visa, can I switch my Tier 2 ICT visa to Tier 2 General Dependant Visa in UK?------

yes, you can either apply with her from the home country or from within the UK provided you have valid ICT visa

5. Is cooling period applicable to Point 4 above?---
No
6. Once I get the Tier 2 General Dependant Visa, can I switch to Tier 2 General Visa?----

Only once you serve 12 months cooling off period

7. Can I switch in UK? Or do I need to go back to India?....you have to apply from India

8. Is cooling period applicable to me for points 6 and 7?....answered under point no. 6

Hope this helps

Thanks in advance.