ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RoR without ex ID

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soyerlife

RoR without ex ID

Post by soyerlife » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Hello Everyone

Married May2012
RC:Oct 2013
Divorced (Decree absolute ): 31/03/2016
ROR : Oct 2016
Anyone can help with the date i am allowed to apply for PR ? O got my ROR without me providing my ex original ID
Will they require it when i apply for PR ?i have no contact with my ex anymore ? I am sure its an unlawful requirement but you never know with brexit .
Please help .
Lamine .

Hstepper07
Nigeria

RoR without ex ID

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:16 pm

soyerlife wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:43 pm
Hello Everyone

Married May2012
RC:Oct 2013
Divorced (Decree absolute ): 31/03/2016
ROR : Oct 2016
Anyone can help with the date i am allowed to apply for PR ? O got my ROR without me providing my ex original ID May 2017 if your your ex was exercising treaty rights from this date till when divorced
Will they require it when i apply for PR ?i have no contact with my ex anymore ? Yes they will. Regulation changed in Feb 2017. You would not be required after you have obtained RORI am sure its an unlawful requirement but you never know with brexit .
Please help .
Lamine .

soyerlife

RoR without ex ID

Post by soyerlife » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:10 pm

Thank You Hstepper

For my ex ID you meant i am effected with the new regulation ?or as i have ROR i can be excluded ?

Regards

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: RoR without ex ID

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:43 pm

soyerlife wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:10 pm
Thank You Hstepper

For my ex ID you meant i am effected with the new regulation ?or as i have ROR i can be excluded ?

Regards
Affected with the new regulation

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Thank you for your help

do you think I can challenge a refusal with a good solicitor
any successful appeals for this type of refusal ?

Many Thanks

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:28 am

It's better way to do appeal against HO decision if once divorce final it's not in your control to take ID from her
Zkhan

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Thank you Zahir
Exactly ,i called few solicitors and they said you can easly challenge the refusal in court .most of time home office dont show at the court
They cannot refuse fo such silly reason especially of they issue ROR without it ....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:46 pm

A person needs to properly engage the discretion in regulations 42, by giving adequate reasons. Only if the UKVI fail to engage those valid reasons will the person be entitled to succeed in an appeal, on the basis that the decision breaches his or her rights under the commuity treaties.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Thanks Obie ,

most solicitors i rang last 3 days said 90% you will be refused if you go stright from RC to PR as divorced but you have better chances if you go from ROR to PR as it will be a while since you divorced /you could lose contact

is that Realistic or a false hope ?

Thank you .

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:41 pm

soyerlife wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:29 pm
Thanks Obie ,

most solicitors i rang last 3 days said 90% you will be refused if you go stright from RC to PR as divorced but you have better chances if you go from ROR to PR as it will be a while since you divorced /you could lose contact

is that Realistic or a false hope ?

Thank you .
Well i don't know what the lawyers you are contacting are saying and why they are saying . With me, I go where the evidence leads me. If i see a person have evidence of a retained right i go for it, if i see PR, i go for it. It all depends on the strength of their evidence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors