ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M documents checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

souaden12
Newly Registered

FLR M documents checklist

Post by souaden12 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are finalising the FLR M application for my wife's visa extension, and would greatly appreciate if someone can please have a look at the following documents we'll be submitting.

Background
My wife came to the UK in 27/09/2015 on a spouse visa. We've been living in the same property since her arrival. The property is owned by myself. We also have a child together, who was born in the UK and holds a British citizenship. I, the sponsor, am a British citizen too, and the financial requirements will be met through my income (category A).

Documents

Personal documents:
  • Applicant's original passport.
  • Applicant's previous expired passport.
  • Sponsor's original passport (+ photocopy of bio page - not sure if photocopy is necessary when we're submitting the original passport).
  • 2 x passport photos of applicant, with name written on the back.
  • 1 X passport photo of the sponsor, with name written on the back.
  • IHS number (written in application form).
Relationship documents:
  • Original marriage certificate in Arabic (+ photocopy).
  • Marriage certificate translation (+ photocopy).
  • Full birth certificate of child (+ photocopy).
  • Child's original passport (+ photocopy of bio page).
  • Letter within last 3 months from GP addressed to our child, confirming his registration (+ photocopy).
  • Letter within last 3 months from nursery addressed to our child, confirming his registration (+ photocopy).
Accommodation documents:
  • Land registry. Downloaded online for £3 (+ photocopy).
  • Latest mortgage statement (+ photocopy).
English Language requirements:
  • Wife passed the A2 test and we included the test number in the application.
  • Actual test certificate (+ photocopy).
Financial requirements:
  • Bank statements showing last 6 months salary payments.
  • 6 latest payslips, stamped by HR department (+ photocopies).
  • Letter from HR department giving details as requested by form (+ photocopy).
Cohabitation documents:
  • October-2015: Council tax (joint).
  • December-2015: National Insurance Number (applicant).
  • February-2016: Water bill (joint).
  • July-2016: Bank statement (sponsor).
  • September-2016: Council tax (joint).
  • December-2016: NHS letter for our child examination result (joint).
  • February-2017: Water bill (joint).
  • April-2017: NHS letter confirming screening test result (applicant).
  • June-2017: HMRC tax code letter (sponsor).
  • December-2017: Nursery invoice for payment (joint). This letter is issued by the Newcastle City Council on behalf of our child's nursery. The letter has the same format/logo/headed paper as the one we get for council tax (issued by Newcastle City Council as well), it's just a payment to a different thing in this case. Is this still acceptable?
  • March-2018: Water bill (joint).
+ Photocopies of all letters.

So I think we have 3 different sources of joint letters (council tax, water bill, NHS letter). I'm not sure if the nursery invoice for payment letter (issued by city council) would be considered as a fourth source, or just the same source as the council tax letter. I have included two individual letters for both the applicant and sponsor, just to be on the safe side, and also to cover some periods that we don't have a joint letter for. Please correct me if I have made any wrong assumptions, or if there are letters that are either unnecessary, or missing.

souaden12
Newly Registered

Acceptable FLR M cohabitation letters

Post by souaden12 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 am

Hi everyone,

Was hoping if someone can please shed some light on a question I have regarding acceptable letters for FLR M cohabitation section.

One of the letters we get in our joint name is an invoice payment letter for our child's nursery.

The letter appears to be issued by the city council on behalf of the nursery. The letter is on a city council headed paper, has the council logo etc. It basically looks very similar to the council tax letter, the only difference is that it's a nursery payment rather than council tax.

Is this form of letter still acceptable? The guidance says council tax bill/statement is acceptable, but I'm not sure if other letters issued by the council are acceptable too (like the nursery one).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M documents checklist

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:51 am

Any letters jointly addressed are acceptable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

souaden12
Newly Registered

Post by souaden12 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:01 am

Thanks very much for your reply, it does ease my mind.

Thanks.

frandamby83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by frandamby83 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:31 am

Hi souaden12

I've just come across this post as myself and my husband will be applying for his FLR M Extension next month.
I would like to know if you were successful with this list of documents you provided, I very much hope you were - a rejection on this visa is simply devastating.

Thanks
Fran

Deepa123
Newly Registered

Post by Deepa123 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Looking at the original post - the proof of living together documents have to span over the to 2.5 years period but don't individually themselves have to date back 2.5 years.

Just to be clear I could have 6 different letters over the course of 2.5 in our joint names or individually ?

Any help be much appreciated

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:05 am

Deepa123 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:30 pm
Looking at the original post - the proof of living together documents have to span over the to 2.5 years period but don't individually themselves have to date back 2.5 years.

Just to be clear I could have 6 different letters over the course of 2.5 in our joint names or individually ?

Any help be much appreciated
Proofs of cohabitation must cover 2 years before the date of application instead 2.5 years. And in case of joint name then 6 piece of documents otherwise 12 piece of documents in individual names are required.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.