ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visitor Visa Cooling Period

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandeepvmm
Newly Registered

Standard Visitor Visa Cooling Period

Post by sandeepvmm » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:59 am

Hello,

My mother-in-law (from INDIA) had visited our family here in U.K between August first week and December First week. (Duration Of 4 Months)
At that time her VISA was valid between August first week and January last week.(VISA was valid for 6 months)

Now as it is close to 4 months since she last visited us; we are planning upon inviting her again to U.K between April and August.

The question i have is with regards to COOLING period.
Many people suggest i wait for 6 months from January last week onwards to make another visitor visa application.
However in many forums i have found that there is no concept of Cooling off period at all.

My mother in law is a permanent resident of INDIA and can substantially prove that she has property and family back home and her only purpose of visit is to spend some quality / travel / leisure time with her daughter and grand daughter.

Kindly Reply
Thank You

ouflak1

Re: Standard Visitor Visa Cooling Period

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:03 pm

sandeepvmm wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:59 am
Hello,

My mother-in-law (from INDIA) had visited our family here in U.K between August first week and December First week. (Duration Of 4 Months)
At that time her VISA was valid between August first week and January last week.(VISA was valid for 6 months)

Now as it is close to 4 months since she last visited us; we are planning upon inviting her again to U.K between April and August.

The question i have is with regards to COOLING period.
Many people suggest i wait for 6 months from January last week onwards to make another visitor visa application.
However in many forums i have found that there is no concept of Cooling off period at all.

My mother in law is a permanent resident of INDIA and can substantially prove that she has property and family back home and her only purpose of visit is to spend some quality / travel / leisure time with her daughter and grand daughter.

Kindly Reply
Thank You
There is no concept of a 'cooling off' period for visitor visas. However, there is a difference between visiting the UK and residing in the UK. It sounds as if she is residing in the UK. In any case, an entry clearance officer will certainly take into consideration such a long stay on her previous visit, and look closely at what is really go on here. Generally, visitors should keep their total stay time under six months per any 12 month period (not calender year, any 12 month period). Obviously she would exceed that with this latest planned visit/stay, and that will likely be the end of her getting a visitor visa again. Why is she visiting for such long periods of time? Maybe you ought to consider a different visa type?

shriakhilesh

Post by shriakhilesh » Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 am

Hi I have a similar case my parents have stayed only for 1 month and I want to call them again after 5 months of date when they left UK on previous visitor visa:

If the start date requested for new visitor visa is less than after 6 months of last day of stay in UK, visa will be rejected as for new visa they would assume you could stay for full 6 months?

So does this imply that new visa should only be requested after 6 months from last leaving the UK?

Please respond as I need to plan accordingly.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 am

shriakhilesh wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 am
If the start date requested for new visitor visa is less than after 6 months of last day of stay in UK, visa will be rejected as for new visa they would assume you could stay for full 6 months?

So does this imply that new visa should only be requested after 6 months from last leaving the UK?
See the previous answer:
ouflak1 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:03 pm
There is no concept of a 'cooling off' period for visitor visas.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

shriakhilesh

Post by shriakhilesh » Tue May 15, 2018 2:33 pm

OK thanks.

So as in my case they have stayed only for 1 month on previous visit. I plan to call them only for 2 months starting from 5 months after last day of stay in UK on previous Visa. So this seems not be a problem as the total planned stay (2 months) for new visit plus adding previous stay in UK (1 month) should be well under 6 months in any continuous 12 months.

So should I get a Visa for my case normally then ?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:55 pm

shriakhilesh wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:33 pm
So this seems not be a problem as the total planned stay (2 months) for new visit plus adding previous stay in UK (1 month) should be well under 6 months in any continuous 12 months.
Where are you getting this "6 months in any continuous 12 months" limit from? Like your "cooling off period" between visits, it does not exist!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.