ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Small Silly Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

13atu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Small Silly Questions

Post by 13atu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi guys I have 3 small questions.

On the form it says fill it with black ink. As a little bit tech savvy person with a terrible handwriting, I prefer to fill the form on pc and print it out like that (I will sign it by hand anyway)

Anyone thinks this may be a problem or that I should fill the form completely by hand using "black-ink" strictly.

Secondly, on the form pages where there are references (Section 5) there is a picture section. Do I put my picture there or my reference's picture? (I assume this is for me actually so that they see me and fill the form.)

Thirdly, for a paper application as far as I understand, I fill the form and make my references fill the reference sections and submit it on my NCS appointment etc. Is that correct? If not what is different?

How does this work on online applications, can you let me know briefly?

Thanks in advance folks :D

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Small Silly Questions

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:04 pm

13atu wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:25 pm
Hi guys I have 3 small questions.

On the form it says fill it with black ink. As a little bit tech savvy person with a terrible handwriting, I prefer to fill the form on pc and print it out like that (I will sign it by hand anyway)
There has been some posts previously about filling in the form with Adobe. Haven't seen any negative feedback on this.
Anyone thinks this may be a problem or that I should fill the form completely by hand using "black-ink" strictly. Per above - I actually filled it in in blue ink and wasn't rejected :)

Secondly, on the form pages where there are references (Section 5) there is a picture section. Do I put my picture there or my reference's picture? (I assume this is for me actually so that they see me and fill the form.) It's for your picture!

Thirdly, for a paper application as far as I understand, I fill the form and make my references fill the reference sections and submit it on my NCS appointment etc. Is that correct? If not what is different?
Yes - there's also the option of mailing your application but you won't have your original documents for some time.
No experience here.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

13atu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by 13atu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Thank you very much mate! :D

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:17 pm

It works basically the same way as paper application but you complete your application online and the process is faster. Your payment is taken instantly and you download your biometric document immediately as opposed to waiting for HO to send the biometric documents weeks later with paper application. There are 3 options:

You can either book an appointment with a council for NDRS and JNCP to submit your naturalization documents and apply for your passport at the same time. This is a recommended option as you can keep your original documents.

Or
Use NDRS to submit your Naturalization documents only and apply for your passport after Naturalization

Or
Submit your Naturalization documents through post office and apply for your passport after Naturalization

[/quote]

13atu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by 13atu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:49 am

Amazing! Thanks! How about the references? How do the references work when you do an online application? Do they not need to sign and provide their signatures etc.?

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:21 am

You fill all the information including references. Print the whole form, paste you pics and get the references dection signed by them.

Check the online application thread for more information.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Also ensure that you confirm with your references before completing the online form.