ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for spouse of EEA national: new rules?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Schengen visa for spouse of EEA national: new rules?

Post by s0787671 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:25 pm

I am British CItizen and my Wife holding a ILR (Settlement in UK) but indian Passport was told she needed a schengen Visa to travel along with me.

Even if she wouldnt have to pay a visa fees at VFS center as long as she travels, she still have to go thru the process of getting a Visa.

This would have been not needed if her Visa card had stated spouse of EU/EEA national, which wasnt on hers.

Now a few queries I have is about at the visa appointement as a UK citizens spouse

1) You dont need to show your stay arrangements in EU

Please clarify is that is true?
Bharat

EngV
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Schengen visa for spouse of EEA national: new rules?

Post by EngV » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:37 am

They are right. Your wife will need to get a visa. Her application mainly needs the application form, her passport, your passport, marriage certificate. Then they will stamp on the copy and return you the original. Also need the proof of address that you are living together.
She will need to have a return flight which is printed from the airline website, not from the travel agent to prove that you are travelling with her.
They don't need the hotel accommodation or travel insurance from her. But it's optional.
I don't know which country you plan to go. But this information is for Spainish schengen visa.
Hope it helps