ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dlr and life in uk test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Dlr

Post by Lizkim » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi all, has anyone filled the set o themselves and applied for PEO without a solicitor? Is it hard to fill in myself and how many pages are in the set o form. Thank you all

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dlr

Post by CMOSUK » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Lizkim wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:11 pm
Hi all, has anyone filled the set o themselves and applied for PEO without a solicitor? Is it hard to fill in myself and how many pages are in the set o form. Thank you all
SET(O) not particularly hard to fill in and most do it without a solicitor, again if your case is straight forward it shouldnt be too demanding.

The SET(O) form consists of 84 pages, but not all is going to be applicable to you if you are on the DLR route to settlement. For example, I think secton 9.

The PEO now known as PSC (premium service center) is normally paid and booked (application + PSC) online once you have selected your date.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:16 pm

CMOSUK thank you so much for the reply. Do you mean I can now fill set o form online? Once again thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Lizkim wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:16 pm
CMOSUK thank you so much for the reply. Do you mean I can now fill set o form online? Once again thanks
Currently I think it is postal or PSC, either way it is paper format. They did have online but I think it may have been removed or it was in a beta stage.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Dlr set o form

Post by Lizkim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Is it possible for someone to give me details of anyone who can help with set o application form. I really need help to fill it. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dlr set o form

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Lizkim wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:58 pm
Is it possible for someone to give me details of anyone who can help with set o application form. I really need help to fill it. Thanks
If you don't wish to post your queries on the forum for help, you will need to find someone yourself. Members are not permitted to post recommendations on the forum for immigration advisors or solicitors.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:04 pm

Lizkim wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:58 pm
If you where to post your questions here it would help, alternatively you can do a search for the most commonly asked questions that are answered extensively.

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:16 am

@CMOSUK Thank you will post any questions am not sure about.

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Dlr and life in uk test

Post by Lizkim » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:39 pm

Do I need life in uk test or English test when applying for ILR after 6 years of dlr. Iam using form set o. Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dlr and life in uk test

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Lizkim wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:39 pm
Do I need life in uk test or English test when applying for ILR after 6 years of dlr. Iam using form set o. Many thanks
No, As you have DLR you are exempt from the language (KoLL) requirements when making an application for ILR, however should you wish to apply and naturalise as a British citizen, you will require the B1 English test and the life in the UK test as required.

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:07 pm

Thank you CMOSUK you are always very helpful. What should I put in section 4 of set o form. It's asking about knowledge of language and life in Uk. Thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:00 am

Lizkim wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:07 pm
Thank you CMOSUK you are always very helpful. What should I put in section 4 of set o form. It's asking about knowledge of language and life in Uk. Thanks
You would put in my opinion ''exempt from language requirements as applying for indefinite-leave-to-remain after 6 years discretionary leave to remain.''

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:25 pm

My first dlr was granted on 8th march 2012. I have just read that my new application should have been within 28 days after qualifying period which makes it 5th April 2018. Was planning to apply in person at the end of the month does that mean Iam late to apply. My second dlr card expires in July, 2018. Did I leave it too late. Please someone advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:56 pm

No you have not left it late. There is no mandatory requirement to apply at exactly 6 years mark. You can apply at any point before your current visa expires.

You will however have to pay the new fees, which increased today.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Thank you CR001