ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions on UK settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Karthika767
Newly Registered
India

Some questions on UK settlement visa

Post by Karthika767 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Hey there,
I am Karthika from India. I'm getting married on April 10th and I will be applying for settlement visa. My fiance is a permanent resident in the UK and his status is ILR now. I need help in understanding some of the questions under the Family Details section.

1. My husband would be my sponsor. So under the Spouse Partner section, do I need to provide my husband's details or mine? It didn't specify though clearly
1.1. Current Passport or Travel Document Number
1.2. Nationality
1.3. Family Name / Surname
(If you only have one name, please enter it here and in the Given Name box)
1.4. Given Name(s) / Forename(s)
(If they only have one name, please enter it here and in the Family Name box)

2. My husband would be my sponsor. So under the Father and Mothe's section, do I need to provide my husband's parents' details or my parent's details? It didn't specify though clearly.

3. I didn't understand the following question under the Sponsor's Partner's Details section "Is your sponsor's partner your mother or father as detailed in the Family Details section?" If my sponsor is husband, this question is not applicable to me and I need to select the radio button "No". Please let me know if my understanding is correct. And for the other questions under the "Sponsor's Partner's Details" section, do I need to enter my own details as my sponsor is my husband and I would be his partner?

4. I’ve started entering all my details in the applicated and saved them but haven’t submitted it because I’ll be submitting for dependent visa right after the marriage. My application date is saved as the date I started entering details. Is it okay or will my application be rejected if my application date is before the date of my marriage? Do I need to fill a fresh application after the marriage?

5. Could I set up an appointment for the biometrics before submitting my application. Because I’ll be submitting my application right after the marriage and I’m worried if I do not get the slots for the appointment sooner.

Thank you!

Regards,
Karthika.

AL1982
Pakistan

Re: Some questions on UK settlement visa

Post by AL1982 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:57 pm

I do recall Section 3 having a strange wording/heading when I completed the application two months back. Quite a few struggled with this section.

1) Sponsor's details (even though this was already completed in an earlier section)
2) Applicants parents
3) ??? Provide a screenshot please as I don't recall this question.
4) Your application date is the date you actually submit the online application. You will see an option after you have completed all the questions.
5) No. It was only possible to book after submitting application. Not sure how busy it is in India but for Pakistan appointments, it was available within 2 working days.