ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA citizen applying for Romanian citizenship

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CloudyNow
Turkey

Non-EEA citizen applying for Romanian citizenship

Post by CloudyNow » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:07 pm

• I am a non-EEA citizen who has been living here 3.5 years on a Tier 4 student visa. My visa is expiring on 18/01/2019.
  • I want to stay here and work for at least a few more years. I don't want to go back to my home country in the foreseeable future.
  • Applied for some graduate schemes to no avail. Most employers do not want to sponsor visas for international students.
  • Recently discovered that my grandmother was born in Romania. Currently in the process of applying for Romanian citizenship. The process may take up to a year.
  • Coincidentally, my partner is also Romanian and we are considering to get married within the next 1-3 years.
  • I want to obtain work permit via the EEA-route so that I can have higher employment prospects. Worried that Brexit may render me unable to take advantage of Romanian citizenship.