ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with online EEA and non-EEA spouse PR application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kabuki
United States of America

Help with online EEA and non-EEA spouse PR application

Post by kabuki » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:45 pm

Background: I'm non-EEA (American) and my wife is EEA (Dutch). We've been living here for almost 8 year (since Aug 2010), but only the last 5 years qualify for PR as we didn't realise we needed CSI whilst she was a student. We have one child, born May 2017.

I'm currently filling out the online application, but there isn't much guidance. It'd be great if someone could clarify a few things.

1. I'm assuming that even though we have to state when we entered, that the period my wife was a student without CSI won't impact our application as she now has 5+ years of continuous residence as a worker?

2. The EEA section doesn't ask for details of previous addresses but the non-EEA section does. I'm assuming I need to enter all the addresses we resided at together for the 5 year qualifying period. (I think I'm making more of it as it's worded a bit off)

3. It asks why we aren't including our child in the application. I'm assuming as he was only born in 2017 that we can't because he hasn't been alive long enough, so I've said as much. We are planning to register him as British after PR is confirmed, but we need to make sure we can under Dutch Law.

4. Providing details of previous residence documents issued. I have had the EEA(FM), EEA(RC) sticker in passport and now the EEA(RC) BPR. Because my wife didn't have CSI as a student, I had to renew my RC instead of applying for PR; that's why I have 2 RCs. Which do I put in that section as it only allows for one? Then I'm asked about the biometric card later, but the BPR is the RC now.

We weren't going to bother with EEA PR and wait for the brexit PR application process, but reports state that the EEA PR can be swapped for free through the new application procedures. However, they say that won't start until late 2018. I don't know what the processing time will be. My wife's company is putting us in a difficult situation as they want her to got to NYC for 1-1.5 yrs to get the office there off the ground before returning and taking the role of COO here. With Brexit, that leaves us in a tough spot with PR being needed so we can leave for that period and return without a problem. Neither of us wants to live in the US and her work and our lives are here. Anyway, not sure this last bit was all that relevant.

Thanks!!!