ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VVHAR84
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by VVHAR84 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi,
I am in UK on a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa owing to my husband's employment. I have now been offered a job by a university, who want me to join immediately on my dependent visa itself. They however guarantee that they would eventually work on getting me a COS and Tier 2 general visa. I am all confused now because I read somewhere that the employer has to apply for a COS within 5 months of the job advertisement. Do such rules exist? Or is it safe to begin employment with them and then eventually get them to apply for a COS based on their and my convenience (I will have to go back to India to apply for Tier 2 general, as per my knowledge). I would be really grateful for any response from you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:46 pm

I am all confused now because I read somewhere that the employer has to apply for a COS within 5 months of the job advertisement. Do such rules exist?
Yes, RLMT is only valid for 6 months if they wish to sponsor a migrant for Tier 2 General.
Or is it safe to begin employment with them and then eventually get them to apply for a COS based on their and my convenience (I will have to go back to India to apply for Tier 2 general, as per my knowledge).
They can apply for a CoS for you at any point, provided they have met the RLMT requires. Yes, you have to apply from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VVHAR84
Newly Registered
India

Post by VVHAR84 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:37 am

Thank you very much for the response! Very helpful!

VVHAR84
Newly Registered
India

Post by VVHAR84 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:07 pm

In continuation to my current situation, I am planning to visit my home country in a few months to apply for Tier 2 General visa. My children are currently in UK as my spouse's dependents. Later this year, I want to switch my spouse and my children as dependents to my visa (we do not have finances to process all 4 together). Can this process be undertaken from inside UK, once I have my Tier 2 G visa in place?

Please let me know.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:08 am

Yes your dependents can apply from within the UK provided they should have valid leave to remain/ visa (husband's ICT visa).

Please note the processing time for your dependents will be longer as far as my understanding if you apply from within the UK.

If your dependents will Apply for the visa from the home country it may be quicker.

VVHAR84
Newly Registered
India

Post by VVHAR84 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:19 am

Ok, I get it..so applying together from India might be the fastest option for us. Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:40 am

Sv2018 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:08 am
Please note the processing time for your dependents will be longer as far as my understanding if you apply from within the UK.

If your dependents will Apply for the visa from the home country it may be quicker.
Within the UK dependents can apply in person at premium service. Postal could take 8 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VVHAR84
Newly Registered
India

Post by VVHAR84 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:53 pm

OK!
If I am applying from India, with my children, should I produce any letter from my spouse, confirming his agreement for the application? I did not find anything of that sort when I searched, but I would still like to confirm, if anyone has any knowledge about it. Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 am

If your spouse is not applying at the same time as the children for a dependent visa, then you might face issues.

You can apply for your dependents in the UK once your visa is granted and you have come back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)