ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinite leave to remain Long Residency FTT Appeal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chnasir29
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Long Residence (10 years) Refused in 2016 due to TOEIC and Appeals

Post by chnasir29 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:04 pm

I applied for ILR LR in July 2015, received a refusal in July 2016 with in country right of appeal, reason of refusal was TOEIC. I had to wait nearly 2 years for a hearing date and it was adjourned then I was given a new date. It was held in Feb 2018. I won my appeal but the misery did not stop here, Home Office appealed to get permission to go to upper tribunal. I phoned up tribunal and found out that FTT has made decision on home office permission to appeal but they wouldn't be able to tell until tomorrow. I hope FTT would have refused their application. I was wondering in both scenarios what would happen, when this misery will come to an end I haven't seen my family since last three years.
Thank in advance for your comments.

chnasir29
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

indefinite leave to remain Long Residency FTT Appeal

Post by chnasir29 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi guys I am new to this forum, hope to get a help regarding a confusion. I won my appeal in FTT then Home office applied for permission to go to Upper Tribunal. I recieved a letter today saying that permission to home Office to go to Upper Tribunal has been refused. Now I understand that home office can still appeal to UT directly but is there any time limit during which home Home Office can directly appeal to UT like with in 14 days. If yes then what is the starting date of that 14 days period. Is the 14 days period determined from the date on the letter? if I start counting from the date on the letter then 14 days period is already passed. Please enlighten me on this confusion as I have been stuck in this matter long time. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

chnasir29
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: indefinite leave to remain Long Residency FTT Appeal

Post by chnasir29 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:40 pm

I am surprised that no one find time to comment on my post. Anyways i found out HO applied directly to Upper Tribunal for permisson to appeal. Lets see what happens. Now my question how long it takes for upper tribunal to get back on the application.

Avi785
Newly Registered

Post by Avi785 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:02 am

brother same happened to me.upper court refused their to give permission.hope u ll get same in 2weeks time. best of luck

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 am

chnasir29 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:40 pm
I am surprised that no one find time to comment on my post. Anyways i found out HO applied directly to Upper Tribunal for permisson to appeal. Lets see what happens. Now my question how long it takes for upper tribunal to get back on the application.
Brother, once FtT allows your appeal then its very hardly unlikely HO get permission against the FtT decision. Hence, ball is on your side, wait not more than 1 month, just pray and have patience.....if you are on reporting then you may know from their as well.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi Mdiqbal,

Hope you are keeping well, Do not worry case will be in your favour,

Best regards
Amjad leeds