ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

thinking about moving to Cyprus ... have some questions

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

henda1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

thinking about moving to Cyprus ... have some questions

Post by henda1980 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:05 pm

After more than 8 months in UK we decided that it is not the best choice for us.
we did some research and decided about Cyprus for many reasons like:
1. Good weather
2. Not so expensive
3. close to both our countries

I have some questions regarding the procedures
first I have to mention that I'm Egyptian married to a German citizen.

the first question is:
Can I go there with a valid Schengen visa then apply for residency or there is a special sort of visa i have to apply for (like EEA to UK)

the second question is:
they mention on the website that "Your family members who are not EU nationals must register their residence within 4 months of arrival"
Does it mean we can apply only after 90 days of arrival or can we apply the second day of our arrival ?

the third question is:
they mention that we have to apply at one of the civil registry, do we have to set a date or we can go directly because it seems that they don't have online application system

last question is regarding the documentation:
they say on their website:
"that all public documents issued abroad must:

a) bear an official translation into Greek or English from Press and Information Office.

b) Be certified with APOSTILLE if the country has signed the Hague Convention of 1961 or

- Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then by the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in his country or
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the Embassy / Consulate of his country in Cyprus and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus.
- In the instance that the country of origin of the applicant has not signed the Hague Convention of 1961and there is no Embassy /Consulate in the above mentioned country the documents must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the nearest Embassy / Consulate which is accredited to Cyprus

our marriage certificate is certified by ministry of foreign affairs in Egypt and translated and certified by German Embassy in Egypt .... what is next because it is not clear to us !! we translate it to Greek or English by the Press information office then certified by German embassy in Cyprus or ministry of foeign affairs Cyprus (taking in consideration that German embassy will not certify papers not translated to German)

so thats all for now ... thanks for help :)