ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor dependent travel

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Minor dependent travel

Post by bharathbala2003 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 am

Hi,

A quick query for the gurus - My son who was born in the UK was added on my Tier 2 General as a dependent which is valid until March 2019. Both my Wife and I applied and received our ILR in feb this year as we choose not to apply for my son's ILR and directly apply for Naturalization which is in progress. My query is if we travel outside UK and re-enter will there be an issue for my son to re-enter as he still has the tier-2 dependent visa? Please let me know.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Minor dependent travel

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:42 am

As you applied for ILR based on Tier 2 General, he is fine to travel as long as his visa is valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:47 am

bharathbala2003 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 am
Hi,

A quick query for the gurus - My son who was born in the UK was added on my Tier 2 General as a dependent which is valid until March 2019. Both my Wife and I applied and received our ILR in feb this year as we choose not to apply for my son's ILR and directly apply for Naturalization which is in progress. My query is if we travel outside UK and re-enter will there be an issue for my son to re-enter as he still has the tier-2 dependent visa? Please let me know.

Thanks
A child born in the UK is not naturalised but rather registered as a British citizen.
There will be no issue for your son to re-enter as he still have valid visa while the registration is going on. That is why there are provision for application to be made through NCS enabling you to keep your documents in case u need the travel documents to travel or other purposes.

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Post by bharathbala2003 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks guys. Appreciate the quick response.