ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help for getting employment history from HMRC

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jantje
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Help for getting employment history from HMRC

Post by jantje » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:52 am

I just requested the employment history by phone 0300-2003300. They promised it will be in the post within three days.

What they can't send is anything older than five tax years. The oldest overview I will get from April 2013 onwards. For anything older, you need to submit a Subject Access Request or fill in this form (see https://www.gov.uk/get-proof-employment-history).

You can request it for family members too, as long as you have their National Insurance number and they live at the same address.

The overviews are by the way great if you need to prove that you did not have any income (for instance if this helps your foreign tax return). They do ask you what you need it for. And they will ask if it is for any foreign tax authority. So, be careful not to give away that you live abroad if this can jeopardise your residence permit application.

tantotempo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Help for getting employment history from HMRC

Post by tantotempo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:57 pm

jantje wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:52 am
I just requested the employment history by phone 0300-2003300. They promised it will be in the post within three days.

What they can't send is anything older than five tax years. The oldest overview I will get from April 2013 onwards. For anything older, you need to submit a Subject Access Request or fill in this form (see https://www.gov.uk/get-proof-employment-history).

You can request it for family members too, as long as you have their National Insurance number and they live at the same address.

The overviews are by the way great if you need to prove that you did not have any income (for instance if this helps your foreign tax return). They do ask you what you need it for. And they will ask if it is for any foreign tax authority. So, be careful not to give away that you live abroad if this can jeopardise your residence permit application.
Hi jantje,
Thanks for the info above. I was just wondering if it was successful and whether you have received your employment history in post quickly (as per your post)?
I just called them but apparently you have to request it online and it might take up to 40 days for it to arrive.
Did you simply request it or you had to state what it was for and then they agreed to take your request via phone? Apologies for multiple questions and thank you in advance.