ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Cohabitation docs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magicvoice
Newly Registered
United States of America

Online council tax bill

Post by magicvoice » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi all,
I'm applying for ILR as the partner of a UK citizen this autumn. The last time I renewed my FLR, as part of our proof of cohabitation, we provided a council tax bill. Our council has since converted to online only statements. Will a printout of this be sufficient proof? I understand that printed copies of online pay slips must now have a letter from the applicant's employer verifying their authenticity, but I seriously doubt the council will do anything like this.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Online council tax bill

Post by UKLL » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Would you be able to ring the council and explain to them about your circumstances and ask them to send paper copies?

magicvoice
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by magicvoice » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:17 pm

I guess I can try. The Home Office really needs to consider that most things are online these days. I can't wait until this whole process is over so I can stop getting paper copies of everything!

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:58 pm

magicvoice wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:17 pm
I guess I can try. The Home Office really needs to consider that most things are online these days. I can't wait until this whole process is over so I can stop getting paper copies of everything!
You could also ask them to give you a letter confirming you and any other people liable for council tax, when you have been registered from for council tax purposes at your current address.

If you do request such letter make sure to attain one that would be with kn 28 days of the date you will send your application.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

magicvoice
Newly Registered
United States of America

Proof of Cohabitation docs

Post by magicvoice » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:40 am

Hi all,
I got a letter from my GP for both my husband and I as part of the requirement for proof of cohabitation. It has no body, but at the top it has my name, address, birthday, age, my NHS number, the date I became registered at that surgery. It is stamped with the name and address of the surgery and signed by the receptionist. Is this format sufficient, or do I need to go further and get the whole thing typed out specifically? I'm told that this format is the one accepted by schools, etc. but the UKBA is a whole different kettle of fish and I want to make sure I do everything properly. Many thanks in advance.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Proof of Cohabitation docs

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:03 pm

magicvoice wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:40 am
Hi all,
I got a letter from my GP for both my husband and I as part of the requirement for proof of cohabitation. It has no body, but at the top it has my name, address, birthday, age, my NHS number, the date I became registered at that surgery. It is stamped with the name and address of the surgery and signed by the receptionist. Is this format sufficient, or do I need to go further and get the whole thing typed out specifically? I'm told that this format is the one accepted by schools, etc. but the UKBA is a whole different kettle of fish and I want to make sure I do everything properly. Many thanks in advance.
I believe it should be fine.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.