ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Line Manager as a Referee for BC Application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kassim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Burundi

Line Manager as a Referee for BC Application?

Post by Kassim » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi all

Newly registered but, long time lurker.

I'm finally going to start my naturalisation journey after 17 years in the UK so, I've been making more use of these boards recently and probably will be asking more questions as I get closer to application. Many of my questions so far though have been answered in previous threads or the FAQs that I've found so, thanks to all posters & contributors here - having another human on the other side really does help.

Now, to the point. I'm planning to use one of my Line Managers and a family friend who've known me for just shy of 3 years (will be 3 by the time I send my application) and all my life respectively (both are British citizens). But, I'm slightly worried about the manager one.

I keep wondering: can I use a Line Manager as the professional referee for my application?

I have read the official list of acceptable referees and I believe that it will be fine but, I'm only worrying about the wording that they've used: they say Manager (of a limited company) whereas the referee I plan to use is a Manager (in a limited company). Being pedantic, there is a difference but, I'm hoping that when applying, there isn't one.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kass

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Line Manager as a Referee for BC Application?

Post by bruteforce » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:13 am

I think it’s Director of VAT registered company & not Manager. Double check. Director can be a manager but not necessarily in all cases.

Kassim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Burundi

Post by Kassim » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 am

Thanks for the reply.

And there's both of those options separately: "Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company)" as well as "Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company"

Krish1512ever
Newly Registered
India

Post by Krish1512ever » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi

I am also in a similar situation- need to identify a professional referee whose profession is accepted for naturalisation application.

Please can you let me know where you found the official list of professions accepted?

I did refer guidance document but there are only few professions mentioned like solicitor, civil servant, MP and I do not have anyone whom I know since 3 years.

So I wanted to know the complete list of acceptable professions.

Thanks in advance.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 pm

It's a bit of a great area isn't it? How about store manager? it's not the same as company director/manager because a store is just a part of a company. On the top of this, none of the above require any specific degree. Am I right?
Mean what you say, say what you mean

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Nimitta wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 pm
It's a bit of a great area isn't it? How about store manager? it's not the same as company director/manager because a store is just a part of a company. On the top of this, none of the above require any specific degree. Am I right?
You do not require a degree to be a director of a company. Left to me, store man is fine. Used one myself and passport office have not said anything so far.