ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

expired ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amor
Newly Registered
India

expired ilr

Post by amor » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:46 am

i have ilr in my old expired passport i am out of uk for more than 8 years can i retun with my ilr to uk post say if i am allowed to in the ariport with stamping what i need to do after arriving uk will i face any problems getting employment ,can i bring my family

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: expired ilr

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:31 am

Your ILR was lost after 2 years absence from the UK. Even short visits back to the UK during your 8 years away won't have retained it.

Edit: How can you have been outside of the UK for 8 years when you have previously asked about your ICT Tier 2 renewal :?: :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:49 pm

You must apply for "indefinite leave to enter" from your home country. For your family, you need to apply dependent VISA for them if they are your partner and/ or children under 18. Very tricky to get ILE because you have to prove you are going to make the UK as your main home (again), and tons of evidences showing that you are practically feasible to do so.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Note:
"1. SET9.1 Who qualifies?
To qualify to enter the United Kingdom as a returning resident, you must:
have had indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom when you last left
have not been away from the United Kingdom for more than 2 years
not have received assistance from public funds towards the cost of leaving the United Kingdom
now seek admission for the purpose of settlement

AND
"The longer a person has remained outside the UK (over 2 years), the more difficult it will be for them to qualify for admission under this provision. The longer the previous residence in the UK, the stronger the case for consideration, provided that there had not been a break in residence which extended over a number of years."

With 8 years of absence a Returning Residence application is unlikely to succeed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.