ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 exam requesting for original

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emailubk

B1 exam requesting for original

Post by emailubk » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi Every one, Can you some one help me,
I received a letter from homeoffice this morning asking for original English test, but
I Applied online (NDRS) but they took b1 certificate only copy.

Here is content of letter

Before we can proceed further please send all of the following Original documents by 18/04/2018.
The English language qualification you have provided has expired. Trinity College London carries a two year validity date therefore your certificate expired 28th Feb 2016. Please could you provide the following.

• Evidence that you satisfy the knowledge of English language and life in UK requirement. You must provide BOTH an acceptable English language qualification AND a life in the UK pass notification letter, as explained in the enclosed annex, in order to meet this requirement. You have not provided English language qualification; please could you refer to the attached annex and provide the relevant in order to be satisfied that you meet this requirement.

NOW DO I HAVE TO BOOK ENGLISH TEST AGAIN? OR SHALL I SEND ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE?

THANKS.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: B1 exam requesting for original

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Your b1 cert is expired so providing the original will not make a difference. Book again.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:39 pm
Your b1 cert is expired so providing the original will not make a difference. Book again.
Thank you for your reply,

Home office gave time until 18/04/2018 if i don't reply they will refuse, Now do they wait until i receive new certificate? i booked new exam date now on 10/4/2018, Do i have to write any letter requesting for more time,
If so will they allow some time?

Thanks,

Redempless_0300
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Redempless_0300 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:31 pm

You will be ok bro... they give pass exam report the same day... you can post that one first with the covering letter that the certificate will come within 7 working days after the test.

And regarding the expired one, if you used that certificate in your previous applications then that should be fine. Why they asking for the new one?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:35 pm

emailubk wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:41 pm
Hstepper07 wrote:

Home office gave time until 18/04/2018 if i don't reply they will refuse, Now do they wait until i receive new certificate? i booked new exam date now on 10/4/2018, Do i have to write any letter requesting for more time,

Thanks,
They can refuse if they do not receive your new certificate. Don't you get your test result immediately so that you can submit immediately?

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:35 pm
emailubk wrote:
Hstepper07 wrote:

Thanks,
They can refuse if they do not receive your new certificate. Don't you get your test result immediately so that you can submit immediately?
Thanks Both.
To: Redempless_0300
I never used B1 before. because i was bit late in applying for naturalization.

To: Hstepper07

I know they will refuse if i don't provide certificate, as i said, exam has been booked now for 10/04/2018 to receive my certificate may take up to 7 days, if i don't receive certificate on time, can i make request for bit more time by sending pass report?(Which i receive straight after exam)?

Thanks.

shaneb
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by shaneb » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:34 pm

You could send them your pass reference number, with a cover letter explaining you have passed, and are waiting for certificate to be posted.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:40 pm

emailubk wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:06 pm
I received a letter from homeoffice this morning asking for original English test, but

Before we can proceed further please send all of the following Original documents by 18/04/2018.
The English language qualification you have provided has expired. Trinity College London carries a two year validity date therefore your certificate expired 28th Feb 2016. Please could you provide the following.

• Evidence that you satisfy the knowledge of English language and life in UK requirement. You must provide BOTH an acceptable English language qualification AND a life in the UK pass notification letter, as explained in the enclosed annex, in order to meet this requirement. You have not provided English language qualification; please could you refer to the attached annex and provide the relevant in order to be satisfied that you meet this requirement.

THANKS.

How did you get your PR?

Depends if you just used the same result to apply ILR before. If so, you don't need to resit the english language test.

See page 11 - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0.0ext.pdf

Naturalisation applications
A person who successfully made an application for indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of a B1 level qualification can meet the English language requirement for
naturalisation without needing to pass another qualification. This is regardless of
whether the original qualification is on the current SELT list.

But still surprising that you didn't post your life in the UK test result together with your application.....

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:51 pm

But still surprising that you didn't post your life in the UK test result together with your application.....
[/quote]

OP actually provided LIUK test certificate.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:56 pm

emailubk wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 pm
Hstepper07 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:35 pm
emailubk wrote:
Hstepper07 wrote:

Thanks,
Thanks Both.
To: Redempless_0300
I never used B1 before. because i was bit late in applying for naturalization.

To: Hstepper07

I know they will refuse if i don't provide certificate, as i said, exam has been booked now for 10/04/2018 to receive my certificate may take up to 7 days, if i don't receive certificate on time, can i make request for bit more time by sending pass report?(Which i receive straight after exam)?

Thanks.
Ok. Shaneb made a good suggestion. State in your cover letter that it takes 7 days and you will post the original copy of the result once you have received it. Best of luck.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:56 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:40 pm
emailubk wrote:

THANKS.

How did you get your PR?

Depends if you just used the same result to apply ILR before. If so, you don't need to resit the english language test.

A person who successfully made an application for indefinite leave to remain on the
naturalisation without needing to pass another qualification. This is regardless of

Btw, if you used that expired result for your ILR application, you should fulfill english language requirement for naturalization already. However, from the letter the caseworker sounds like not accepting your result as this is expired. to play safe, the best is to resit the test again and hopefully you can get the certificate on time. Trinity can provide secure and quicker delivery service for your cert. so if you can see the test next Monday you can get the cert before 18th if no accident.

You are the only loser even if the caseworker wrongly refused your application.... both time and money... relatively, resit the exam is the best,, just 150GBP and avoid any risk. but you should still post them the expired cert.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:08 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:56 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
emailubk wrote:

THANKS.

How did you get your PR?

Btw, if you used that expired result for your ILR application, you should fulfill english language requirement for naturalization already. However, from the letter the caseworker sounds like not accepting your result as this is expired. to play safe, the best is to resit the test again and hopefully you can get the certificate on time. Trinity can provide secure and quicker delivery service for your cert. so if you can see the test next Monday you can get the cert before 18th if no accident.

You are the only loser even if the caseworker wrongly refused your application.... both time and money... relatively, resit the exam is the best,, just 150GBP and avoid any risk. but you should still post them the expired cert.
Case worker would not have wrongly refused OP's application if expired test certificate was provided and was given time to provide an acceptable qualification. OP does not need to post expired cert as original has already been sited and was not accepted.
OP has also booked to sit another exam and is just wondering if the dead line can be extended.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
cyclina1 wrote:
emailubk wrote:

THANKS.

How did you get your PR?

Hi cyclina1:

I Didn't used my b1 for my ILR, now its expired, and now i made new exam appointment for b1 for next tuesday,

As shaneb said, will post pass results first and request for another 7 days for cert.

Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:24 pm

emailubk wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
cyclina1 wrote:
emailubk wrote:

THANKS.

How did you get your PR?

Hi cyclina1:

I Didn't used my b1 for my ILR, now its expired, and now i made new exam appointment for b1 for next tuesday,

As shaneb said, will post pass results first and request for another 7 days for cert.

Thanks
Great. It will work then. and you can offer quick delivery of your cert by paying money. Just make sure you sit your B1 in their recognised test centre.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm

emailubk wrote:
Hstepper07 wrote:

Thanks,
Hello.
I and my wife got the certificate 5 days after the test. And this includes weekend.
So wait till 17th (I guess you may get it sooner) and send next day guaranteed delivery.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:57 am

abhijack wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm
emailubk wrote:
Hstepper07 wrote:

Thanks,
Hello.
I and my wife got the certificate 5 days after the test. And this includes weekend.
So wait till 17th (I guess you may get it sooner) and send next day guaranteed delivery.
ok Thanks abhijack,

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 pm

abhijack wrote:
emailubk wrote:
Hstepper07 wrote:

Thanks,
Hello.
Hi Guys,
I've submited my original B1 on 14th April 18, with in time line they gaven to me.
it's almost 2 weeks since i sent my documents? no reply or decision yet? i've sent email as well but no reply to email?
does any one have any clue how long will take to make decision after sending documents ?
any previous experience would be helpful?
Thanks in advance.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:21 pm

emailubk wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 pm
abhijack wrote:
emailubk wrote:
Hstepper07 wrote:

Thanks,
Hello.
Hi Guys,
I've submited my original B1 on 14th April 18, with in time line they gaven to me.
it's almost 2 weeks since i sent my documents? no reply or decision yet? i've sent email as well but no reply to email?
does any one have any clue how long will take to make decision after sending documents ?
Thanks in advance.
I do not think anyone can answer this question. Just wait.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Fri May 11, 2018 9:19 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:21 pm
emailubk wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 pm
abhijack wrote:
emailubk wrote:

Thanks,
Hello.
Hi Guys,
Thanks in advance.
I do not think anyone can answer this question. Just wait.

I received approval letter after 2weeks after submiting document,
In between i've sent 2 emails but they replied to second email and made decision on same day of repling my email but not mentioned about application decision. any how i received my approval.

Thanks every one

Justo
United Kingdom

Post by Justo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi all, I am apply for ILR soon and in the same situation with English test. I passed IELTS - Genetal Training in 2014 for my first entry to the UK under my Tier 2 General visa. It is now expired. However reading this: https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications expiry doesn't seem to be a problem, as it says:
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

- it’s on the current list of recognised tests
- it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
Will my test be accepted? Or do I need to do a new one?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Justo wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm
Hi all, I am apply for ILR soon and in the same situation with English test. I passed IELTS - Genetal Training in 2014 for my first entry to the UK under my Tier 2 General visa. It is now expired. However reading this: https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications expiry doesn't seem to be a problem, as it says:
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

- it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
Is the college on the approved list? If not then you need a new test.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Justo
United Kingdom

Post by Justo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:31 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 pm
Justo wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Is the college on the approved list? If not then you need a new test.
The test centre is on the list. Namely it is RU069 in the Table 3 of this list: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ebsite.pdf

What I am confused about is the reading the above Home Office requested recent not expired test.

Also, I only have scan copy. But they can verify it as it has unique test reference number.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Ah, this is about ILR - going by the guidance then you actually need a new B1 test - the one you did previously was not used for immigration then.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Justo
United Kingdom

Post by Justo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:07 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 pm
Ah, this is about ILR - going by the guidance then you actually need a new B1 test - the one you did previously was not used for immigration then.
Thanks for your response. Can you please give a reference to guidance? I am confused because Home Office says "it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter". Is my Tier 2 General visa a permission to enter?

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:38 pm

You still can use your expired IELTS test if it was provided for ILR application.
If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

NOTE:
It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.
I personally chose not to risk and passed CEFR B1. If 150 quids isn't a question, I recommend to get a new certificate. Not all caseworkers are experienced, so there could be delay in your citizenship process. Weigh risks wisely.