ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old tier 2 brp not returned

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

venerax88
Newly Registered

Old tier 2 brp not returned

Post by venerax88 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I will be eligible for ILR next year October and have some questions in mind.

I know that to apply for ILR, u need to have tier 2 visa for 5 years. I got my first brp in Oct 2014 and extended it in Oct 2016 for another 3 years. After my extension application, I got a new brp with a new issue and expiry date. However, my old Brp was not returned. I forgot the issue date of my old brp - is there any way to check this? Also, do I need my old brp to apply for ILR?

Lastly, when can I apply for ILR? Is it 28 days before the expiry date of my current brp?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Old tier 2 brp not returned

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:05 pm

venerax88 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:20 pm
Hi all,

I will be eligible for ILR next year October and have some questions in mind.

I know that to apply for ILR, u need to have tier 2 visa for 5 years. I got my first brp in Oct 2014 and extended it in Oct 2016 for another 3 years. After my extension application, I got a new brp with a new issue and expiry date. However, my old Brp was not returned. I forgot the issue date of my old brp - is there any way to check this?

you have stamp on your entry clearance. use that day then.

lso, do I need my old brp to apply for ILR?

Of course not. they intentionally took your old brp when you had new one.

Lastly, when can I apply for ILR? Is it 28 days before the expiry date of my current brp?

28 days before you qualify 5 years. not your brp exprity date.

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.