ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent advice needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Punjab
BANNED

urgent advice needed

Post by Punjab » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:13 pm

Dear Moderator
i got a problem and i seek your advice.

so as i told you that my wife worked for 11 months and 3 weeks ( one week less than 12 months). she was on WRS and after leaving the job she started self employment on comission basis. she was signing people for a charity and the more people she signed the more comission she get.
so we applied eea1 and eea2 on her self employment basis. BUT yesterday her job terminated because the company dont need any one now.

We already send our applications in feb2008 WHEN SHE WAS WORKING AS SELFEMPLOYED. we have all tax papers along with HM Revenue NI Contributions.

now because she is stop working as self employed person will this cause refusal of visa for me (eea2) and eea1 for her.

or will the home office give us visa.

PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP me in this matter.

i am so sad.

many thanks

Punjab

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:07 pm

If the application has been submitted, they will base it on the paperwork submitted.

I speak from experience of something similar.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:49 pm

hi punjab
i am sorry to hear about your situation i know how hard it can be trying to sort out visas for loved ones. From my knowledge they will give you a visa on the paperwork you have submitted at the time, however if they refuse if you can either appeal which again will be based on the paperwork you have all ready submitted, or you if apply for a new visa then you will have to submitt new evidence and documents. this is just what my lawyer has advised me in case my husband is refused his visa. hope that helps good luck

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:28 am

i got a problem and i seek your advice.

my wife (Hungarian Citizen) worked for 11 months and 3 weeks ( one week less than 12 months). she was on WRS and after leaving the job she started self employment on comission basis. she was signing people for a charity and the more people she signed the more comission she get.
so we applied eea1 and eea2 on her self employment basis. BUT yesterday her job terminated because the company dont need any one now.

We already send our applications in feb2008 WHEN SHE WAS WORKING AS SELFEMPLOYED. we have all tax papers along with HM Revenue NI Contributions.

now because she is stop working as self employed person will this cause refusal of visa for me (eea2) and eea1 for her.

or will the home office give us visa.

Now she has found an administrative job in a local company.

PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP me in this matter.

i am so sad.

many thanks

Punjab

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:57 am

Like I said earlier, it will be based on the paperwork that you have submitted.

No need to be sad....yet.

evil_grrrl666

Post by evil_grrrl666 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Regarding this situation I'm wondering something; if Punjab sends the HO a letter explaining what happened, plus supporting proof that his Hungarian wife is working now (therefore she is exercising her treaty rights), would that not give him a better chance?
As I assume, once the HO processes his case they will try to check up on his wife's self employment and if they cannot confirm it they might think that the applicant is not being truthful?

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:39 am

evil_grrrl666 wrote:Regarding this situation I'm wondering something; if Punjab sends the HO a letter explaining what happened, plus supporting proof that his Hungarian wife is working now (therefore she is exercising her treaty rights), would that not give him a better chance?
As I assume, once the HO processes his case they will try to check up on his wife's self employment and if they cannot confirm it they might think that the applicant is not being truthful?
thanks buddy