ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sole trader applying for spouse visa regarding personal bank statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

henryinlondon1988
Newly Registered
China

Sole trader applying for spouse visa regarding personal bank statement

Post by henryinlondon1988 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:14 am

Hi everyone, I urgently need your help with my situation. I have been self-employed(sole trader, working as an individual) for the past two years and my income for both tax years are above the required 18000 pound. For the last tax year, I tried to separate my personal accounts from my business accounts.

The business account has my name on it and also my business's name. However, for the past year from May 2017 to April 2018, I have not taken out any money in my business account to my personal bank account. As I am a sole trader, that business account is only accessed by me and I can take out money as I please as long as I correctly file tax return for my income.

However, I am about to apply for spouse visa for my wife and I just realised that I have also to show my personal bank statement for this tax year (from May 2017 to April 2018) that I have paid my self-employed income to my personal account, even though my name is on my business account.

I am wondering whether anyone can help me with my current situation.

Thanks
Henry