ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashmsheikh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

10 years long residence application

Post by ashmsheikh » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi,

I hope i am able to get some advice for a matter of near future.

My first entry in the UK was on the 26th Jan 2013 on Tier4 leave. Since then spent 30 days outside the UK for the month of July 2015 and 187 days from 10th April 2017 to 12 October 2017.

The reason for 187 days was the completion of my course (leading to visa expiry) and visiting back home for later applying for a masters course. However, due to the delays from university and Home office lead to extra 7 days for my return to UK

Has the above broken my continuous leave if I apply ILR on or after January 2023?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ashir

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: 10 years long residence application

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:01 am

yes broken. finishing the coursework is not an exception that can give discretion.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.