ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attention New Zealanders with Entry Clearance gained in NZ

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jakey1974
Newly Registered

Attention New Zealanders with Entry Clearance gained in NZ

Post by jakey1974 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:41 am

I have an HSMP approval letter and will return to NZ in the next two weeks to apply for Entry Clearance (could not switch in the UK from WHM). Can someone tell me please:
- the supporting documents required (the online form does not say)
- how to get a Biometrics appointment and submit that info the same day!
- if anyone was able to expedite the process (what is the current process time)

I have an exploding job offer so I need to get this done as fast as possible! Thanks very much

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:45 am

- the supporting documents required (the online form does not say)
check the requirements list from your country's VFS website
- how to get a Biometrics appointment and submit that info the same day!
If the VFS in your country accepts walk-in applicants, you can submit your visa application on the same day. Just be ready to wait in long queues.
- if anyone was able to expedite the process (what is the current process time)
There is a FastTrack process in my country, subject to some requirements, which takes just 2 days but is only applicable to visitor visas. For work permit applications, it takes about 1 week.

jakey1974
Newly Registered

Post by jakey1974 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:59 am

Thanks Purplepple. I have now got the VAF2 notes to look through. I hope to make contact with British HC in NZ on Monday to find out if I can walk in and wait. Cheers