ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Denied the settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Indianspouse
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Denied the settlement visa

Post by Indianspouse » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:00 am

Hi there,

I am an Indian spouse to a british citizen who has just been denied the spouse visa for UK. I have already been to uk on visit visa twice. I was wondering if I can visit my husband on the same visit visa which is still valid till October 2018. My visit visa was a long term visa for 2 years starting from 2016.

Will be allowed entry by the immigration at the airport?

Also my valid visit visa was never revoked or cancelled while refusing the spouse visa.

Please help and advice.

Thank you

secret.simon

Re: Denied the settlement visa

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:54 am

What were the grounds for refusal of the spousal visa?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Indianspouse
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Indianspouse » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Although I have stayed in the UK twice for 6 months each visit since our marriage. We didnt provide Photographs, call logs and ECO wasnt satisfied our marriage is genuine because of lack of evidence of contact with each other.

NL2UK
India

Post by NL2UK » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Indianspouse,

Sorry to hear about your visa rejection. Could you kindly let me know if you had submitted marriage certificate, reference letter from a friend confirming that you are married couple?

What all documents did you submitted to prove your marriage?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 pm

NL2UK wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:42 pm
Indianspouse,

Sorry to hear about your visa rejection. Could you kindly let me know if you had submitted marriage certificate, reference letter from a friend confirming that you are married couple?

What all documents did you submitted to prove your marriage?
Why you keep asking others in your own & others thread about marriage certificate. The marriage certificate unquestionably is one of the most important documents which shows the relationship of the applicant with settled sponsor and without it visa straight be refused (If a kind caseworker is sitting then he/she may ask for that missing document before refusing)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

NL2UK
India

Post by NL2UK » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:36 pm

My apologies seagul

We are undergoing a lot of stress because of delay in making decision for my visa request (Priority settlement dependent Visa). Hence, checking and asking questions.

I understand you point too and my apologies for the same :( :(

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:22 am

Did you not include a marriage certificate - if not what was the reason for omitting such crucial document?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease