ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming housing benifit and council tax reduction (FLR M visa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

z123
Newly Registered

Claiming housing benifit and council tax reduction (FLR M visa)

Post by z123 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Dear Advisor,

My wife is on FLR (M) 5 years route. She can apply for Settlement in another two years. We live in two bedroom flat with our daughter. Daughter and I are both British Citizens
We claim child tax credit and child benefit, but have not claimed Housing benefits or Council tax reductions so far.
I am worried that I will jeopardise my wife’s visa and will get refused when we apply for settlement in two years time.
Can anyone please advise me if I can claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Claiming housing benifit and council tax reduction (FLR M visa)

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:37 pm

You are allowed to claim anything your entitled to in terms of public funds BUT your wife cannot.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

z123
Newly Registered

Re: Claiming housing benifit and council tax reduction (FLR M visa)

Post by z123 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Thank you for your reply.
In the Housing Benefit/Council Tax reduction application form, it asks about my partner.
I mentioned that my wife lives in the same address.
I gave details about my wife and mention that she is non British citizen. I also included a copy of her BRP, showing no recourse to public fund.
The council have allocated me benefits but are unsure if it will affect her visa.
What is the best thing for me to do?