ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and physically present in UK five years before the date that application is received by home office orNCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gentlegold
Newly Registered

Naturalisation and physically present in UK five years before the date that application is received by home office orNCS

Post by gentlegold » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Hello,

I am in Uk nearly for 10 years .
After one year on indefinite leave to remain , I have booked in with NCS to submit naturalisation application.
But now I read that Application says you have to be physically present in UK five years before the date that application is received by Home Office or NCS. If you do not meet this requirement your application is unlikely to be successful. I have taken NCS appointment for 18 apr 2018 so this will be date of application but five years before this date 18.4. 2013 I was absent from UK to be precise absent from UK from 12 apr 2013 to 1st May 2013 on family visit .
I have lived in UK for nearly 10 years though.

Is it important to be physically present in UK five years before the date that application is received by Home Office or NCS for the application to be successful .
How does this five year calculation work.
Based on my situation as mentioned above Do I change by NCS appointment ?

Please advise.

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation and physically present in UK five years before the date that application is received by home office o

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 pm

It's imperative that you were present in the UK on the equivalent date 5 years previous to the date you submit your application with the NCS to avoid refusal. There is no discretion on this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Naturalisation and physically present in UK five years before the date that application is received by home office o

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 pm
It's imperative that you were present in the UK on the equivalent date 5 years previous to the date you submit your application with the NCS to avoid refusal. There is no discretion on this.
you must book on or after 1 May, if you were landed in uk on 1may 2013.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.