ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR Personal History Section Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

developer123
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 to ILR Personal History Section Question

Post by developer123 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi there,

I will be applying for set(o) at the end of April and I wanted to ask a question regarding Section 7, Personal History.

My question is, I was stopped at customs as I exceeded the maximum quota of 200 cigarettes. The officer obviously took the packs off me and gave me a receipt, he also told me that my name will be "in the system forever".

Do you think I should mention this in my application ? If the answer is a YES then which question do I answer as YES in the application ?

The closest question for the above, if I want to add the above in my application, is:

7.12. Have you or any dependants who are applying with you ever engaged in any other
activities which might indicate that you may not be considered to be persons of good character?

I did not get a caution, reprimand, warning, or similar penalties from customs.

OR

Shall I just add a letter stating the above ?

OR

I shouldn't bother adding any of this ?

Has anyone got any experience of this while applying for SET(O) ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Personal History Section Question

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:07 pm

declare everything and good luck. very likely they have the record. if you don't declare and they find it, then you may really fail because of character.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

developer123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Personal History Section Question

Post by developer123 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:09 pm

So tick question 7.12 as a YES and give details in the detail section or attach a letter ?