ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa of Irish Citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RajeshBhosale
Newly Registered

Spouse visa of Irish Citizen

Post by RajeshBhosale » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:13 pm

Hello there,

My Irish girlfriend is planning to visit india in 2005 Feb. We plan to get married in india. I was wondering that if we do that, can i apply for spouse visa and what would be my work entitlements in ireland ??

Cheers !!!
RajeshBhosale.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:31 pm

Hi, I don't know the answer to your question but the following may be of interest. Hopefully someone else will post the answer to your actual question.

Given that your wife, as she will be, has an Irish passport, under EEA law she has the right to live and work in any other EEA country, including the UK, and all you need is an EEA Family Permit in your passport and you will enjoy the same rights, including the right to work. You would apply to the British Embassy or Consulate in India, if you want to move to the UK, for your EEA Family Permit ... the application fee ... free!

Technically you would have those rights, after the marriage, without the EEA Family Permit in your passport, but in practice you might find it difficult to get an airline to let you board a UK-bound plane without definite proof you will be let me.

Of interest?