ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

want to apply Uk Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ktlondon33
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

want to apply Uk Citizen

Post by ktlondon33 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:01 pm

Good Evening !!

Need help / advise on following as about to apply for my BC

1) I am self employed and i have filed all my tax returns for last 7 years. But i did not pay any tax for last 3 years. Currently, I owe 22K in tax to HMRC including interest and penalties. Somebody advised me to get some kind of monthly payment arrangement with HMRC before applying for BC. I am not sure what should i do. I may be able to pay off all 22,000/- at one go but i do not want to pay if it is not 100% sure that i will get nationality.
2) I had 2 CCJ (2012 and 2015) though neither of them are listed on my credit file nor showing on registry search as one is paid within 28 days and second is removed after 6 years. Should i declare to HO on my application as there is no other source to find about any CCJ

3) I had several PCN and London congestion charges fines since i came to the UK in 2005. Speeding fine in 2012 and Driving with handheld device 2013. One PCN was also challenged in court unsuccessfully and fine of £250 paid in 2015. There is no traffic offence or PCN in last 1 year for sure. I do not have any record or proofs of any of above mentioned. Do I need to declare them and HOW as i really have no records.

Any advise will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

want to apply British Citizenship

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:25 am

ktlondon33 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:01 pm
Good Evening !!

Need help / advise on following as about to apply for my BC

1) I am self employed and i have filed all my tax returns for last 7 years. But i did not pay any tax for last 3 years. Currently, I owe 22K in tax to HMRC including interest and penalties. Somebody advised me to get some kind of monthly payment arrangement with HMRC before applying for BC. I am not sure what should i do. I may be able to pay off all 22,000/- at one go but i do not want to pay if it is not 100% sure that i will get nationality.

Nowhere you can escape as the caseworker must check your tax record with HMRC... you must fail the good character ground if you didn't pay tax for three years when you have to... no way you can naturalise until you pay the debt from HMRC. If you clear the debt, after three years you may apply.

2) I had 2 CCJ (2012 and 2015) though neither of them are listed on my credit file nor showing on registry search as one is paid within 28 days and second is removed after 6 years. Should i declare to HO on my application as there is no other source to find about any CCJ

why bother? you must fail because of (1).

3) I had several PCN and London congestion charges fines since i came to the UK in 2005. Speeding fine in 2012 and Driving with handheld device 2013. One PCN was also challenged in court unsuccessfully and fine of £250 paid in 2015. There is no traffic offence or PCN in last 1 year for sure. I do not have any record or proofs of any of above mentioned. Do I need to declare them and HOW as i really have no records.

why bother? you must fail because of (1), btw, you plead guilty in court for PCN and fined so you need three years from the conviction to be cleared.

Any advise will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.