ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

approval letter received , next step ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajgil5

approval letter received , next step ?

Post by sajgil5 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Hey guys

I have received my approval letter today, they also returned my brp with it. i still havent received letter from council tho . whats the next step. do i have to return the brp after ceremony or within 5 days of this letter ?

also can i apply for passport now or would i need cit certificate ?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: approval letter received , next step ?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:33 pm

You can only apply for passport once you are a British citizen, after the ceremony.
Your approval letter should state what action you have to take, or what happens next, with regards to ceremony booking. BRP is normally returned within five days of becoming BC.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: approval letter received , next step ?

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 pm

sajgil5 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 pm
Hey guys

I have received my approval letter today, they also returned my brp with it. i still havent received letter from council tho . whats the next step. do i have to return the brp after ceremony or within 5 days of this letter ?

also can i apply for passport now or would i need cit certificate ?
If your BRP is ILR yes you return, if PR card no need to return.
You would need to attend the ceremony and get your certificate of british citizenship first before applying for passport. Then return ILR
Wait for your ceremony invitation letter.