ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum Case approved and objected by the Home office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dineshkumar
Newly Registered

Asylum Case approved and objected by the Home office

Post by dineshkumar » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:03 am

Dear Friends,

I am an Asylum Seeker in UK. My asylum application was approved by an Immigration Judge and they have given 2 weeks time period to the respondent to make an appeal against the decision. After 13 days, I have received a letter from the Asylum & Immigration Tribunal that the Home office has made an appeal against the original decision. The letter states that they would contact me with the outcome of this case.
Has anyone experienced this kind of situation?.. How long they will take to respond approximately?.. What would happen???.. Please kindly reply anyone.

jimquk
United Kingdom

Re: Asylum Case approved and objected by the Home office

Post by jimquk » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:10 am

Hi. This unfortunately happens many times. The Home Office has appealed to a higher court, claiming that the judge made a mistake in the way he handled the case. First of all the court will look at what the Home Office say to decide if there is really something needing looking into. If they agree that there may be a mistake, they will go to a hearing where the Home Office will present their arguments, and you (your solicitor) will have the opportunity to argue that no important error was made.
The arguments turn on points of law rather than the facts of your case. Most likely you will not need to give evidence yourself.
If the court agrees with the Home Office, it will go back to a lower court to be heard over again. If not, the Home Office will have to accept the original decision and give you your papers.
Unfortunately, all this may take quite a few months.
But stay strong, you won the first time, so it is very likely you will win in the end.

https://www.righttoremain.org.uk/toolkit/utt.html - from the point of view of the applicant appealing a decision, but the process is the same.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.