ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR for me - Can my son travel with his valid tier2 general PBS dependent visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

venkata11
India

Regarding child Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by venkata11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 am

Hi,

I am the main applicant I am eligible to apply ILR on 5 years basis soon. I have a kid he was born in Uk but immediately I sent him to India.Since 3 years my child has been staying with me in the UK on dependent visa.

Is my child eligible to apply for ILR along with me?

Could you please clarify with home office guidance link (if possible)

Thanks for your help in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Regarding child Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 am

What is the visa status of the other parent out of interest?

Do you plan on registering the child as British?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 am
What is the visa status of the other parent out of interest?

Do you plan on registering the child as British?

Thanks for your reply.
My husband has been staying with me through out my period 5 years on dependent visa.

We do not know whether my child is eligible for ILR / Citizenship.

Could you please guide me in the right direction with home office guidance link for my child to apply to either for ILR or citizenship.

Ultimately I need to apply for British citizenship for my child, for me and for my husband.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:09 pm

As your child is UK born, he has an entitlement to register as British once EITHER parent is granted ILR. The child DOES NOT need ILR to apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:09 pm
As your child is UK born, he has an entitlement to register as British once EITHER parent is granted ILR. The child DOES NOT need ILR to apply for citizenship.
Thanks for your reply.

Right now my child is in tier 2 dependent visa valid up to 2020.

Once myself and my husband get the ilr, what visa my child will be on?

We have plans of going to my home country with Child after getting ILR for my husband and myself.

Can we go to a home country with my son without applying for citizenship for my child?

Could you please help with home office guidance link if any.

Please note that, once we all return back to uk from home country - we have plans of applying for citizenship for my child.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Same visa the child has now. Or if you want to spend the money, apply for ILR when both parents apply.
We have plans of going to my home country with Child after getting ILR for my husband and myself.

To visit and for how long??
Can we go to a home country with my son without applying for citizenship for my child?
Yes.
immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html
Please note that, once we all return back to uk from home country - we have plans of applying for citizenship for my child.
You could apply for the child once you have ILR using the NCS at the council as then you get to keep all your original documents. All you would need to do is wait for the biometrics letter before leaving the UK for your visit back home.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 pm
Same visa the child has now. Or if you want to spend the money, apply for ILR when both parents apply.

To visit and for how long??
Yes.
You could apply for the child once you have ILR using the NCS at the council as then you get to keep all your original documents. All you would need to do is wait for the biometrics letter before leaving the UK for your visit back home.
Thanks for your reply - We have plans of visiting home country for one month.

Can we apply for ILR for my child even though if my child only spent three years on dependent visa instead of 5 years.

Please let me know what is minimum period for my child to spend on dependent visa to become eligible for 5 years ILR visa.

I know that my husband can apply for 5 years ilr along with me as he is dependent on me for 5 years.

One more query - may I know the processing time to give citizenship for my child once we apply using the NCS at the council

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Can we apply for ILR for my child even though if my child only spent three years on dependent visa instead of 5 years.
There is no residence requirement for children if both parents are applying for ILR at the same time. However, you are paying a lot of money for ILR when the child does not need it if you are planning to register the child as British.
One more query - may I know the processing time to give citizenship for my child once we apply using the NCS at the council
It can take a couple of months sometimes a few months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm
There is no residence requirement for children if both parents are applying for ILR at the same time. However, you are paying a lot of money for ILR when the child does not need it if you are planning to register the child as British.
It can take a couple of months sometimes a few months.
Thanks for your reply.

Is my child tier 2 general dependent visa still valid after myself and my husband moved to ILR visa on 5 years basis?

Bit confused - If possible please provide me home office guidance link to answer my above query.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:01 pm

venkata11 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:19 pm
Is my child tier 2 general dependent visa still valid after myself and my husband moved to ILR visa on 5 years basis?

Bit confused - If possible please provide me home office guidance link to answer my above query.
Yes, it will still be valid as the rules allow it. See link below

Char (CR001 not Casa)

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:01 pm
venkata11 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Yes, it will still be valid as the rules allow it. See link below

immigrationI-for-family-members/dependa ... 14832.html
Thanks for your reply.

After getting my ILR visa, if I quit current working company who sponsored me tier 2 general visa, then is my child tier 2 general dependent visa still valid?

if possible please share home guidance link to prove this point.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:58 am

if I quit current working company who sponsored me tier 2 general visa, then is my child tier 2 general dependent visa still valid?
#
Yes still valid. Your child is dependent on YOU, not the sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

venkata11
India

Got ILR for me - Can my son travel with his valid tier2 general PBS dependent visa

Post by venkata11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:35 am

Hi

I got ILR recently - However I have not applied for ILR for my UK born son. My son has valid PBS (tier 2 general) dependent visa and this is valid till September-2020.

We are planning to travel to India in July this year and come back in August. Can my son travel with along me with his existing valid PBS (tier 2 general) dependent visa

or

Do I need to register my son as British citizen using MN1 form.

Please reply at the earliest - Thanks for your help in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Got ILR for me - Can my son travel with his valid tier2 general PBS dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:58 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Got ILR for me - Can my son travel with his valid tier2 general PBS dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:59 am

venkata11 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:35 am
Hi

I got ILR recently - However I have not applied for ILR for my UK born son. My son has valid PBS (tier 2 general) dependent visa and this is valid till September-2020.

We are planning to travel to India in July this year and come back in August. Can my son travel with along me with his existing valid PBS (tier 2 general) dependent visa

or

Do I need to register my son as British citizen using MN1 form.

Please reply at the earliest - Thanks for your help in advance.
Read through your previous questions and my answers again. You have already been provided with accurate advice and information!!

Starting a new topic with the same question will not change the answer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 am

I’m certain that the UKVI would welcome collecting the fees for any unnecessary applications.

If you want child to be British, then register child. Else, apply for ILR prior to expiry of leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wijewije
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wijewije » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi venkata11 im also going to apply ilr in the same route. Can you please share your experience please? Do you ha e any time line ? How you applied and what documents have you submitted? Please reply