ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR Salary Confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PinnyThePooh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 to ILR Salary Confusion

Post by PinnyThePooh » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 am

I'm hoping to apply for the ILR in May on the basis of 5 years of being on Tier 2 general. I'm not clear on the salary requirements as they apply to the length of my working history. I would appreciate it if someone could clear this up

So 2013 I was on 32k but the company was going through a lean time and for a few months towards the end they paid out salaries at 60-70%. I left there soon after but that meant that my 2014 P60 shows my total as £28,495.

Since then it's stayed higher than 40 but I'm wondering how the salary requirements are reviewed at the ILR process. Will it be something like
2014 - Salary threshold X - Earned Y
2015 - Salary threshold met
2018 - etc.

And if so where can I find out what the salary requirement was in 2014 for tier 2s? Ideally is there a salary requirement list for all SOCs per year that I can check against?

Regards,
Pinny.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Salary Confusion

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:40 pm

PinnyThePooh wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 am
I'm hoping to apply for the ILR in May on the basis of 5 years of being on Tier 2 general. I'm not clear on the salary requirements as they apply to the length of my working history. I would appreciate it if someone could clear this up

So 2013 I was on 32k but the company was going through a lean time and for a few months towards the end they paid out salaries at 60-70%. I left there soon after but that meant that my 2014 P60 shows my total as £28,495.

Since then it's stayed higher than 40 but I'm wondering how the salary requirements are reviewed at the ILR process. Will it be something like
2014 - Salary threshold X - Earned Y
2015 - Salary threshold met
2018 - etc.

And if so where can I find out what the salary requirement was in 2014 for tier 2s? Ideally is there a salary requirement list for all SOCs per year that I can check against?

Regards,
Pinny.
Only the moment you apply ILR has to meet the threshold. eg. you apply this year 2018, you have to earn more than 35500, except that you job is in current shortage list,or PhD level job.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

PinnyThePooh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Salary Confusion

Post by PinnyThePooh » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Appreciate it. I was getting all worked up wondering if that was something I'd have to explain in my application.

Thanks,
Pinny