ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 days Vignette

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rolex19
Newly Registered

30 days Vignette

Post by Rolex19 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Hello All,

I would like to know if it's ok for us to apply for a new 30 days vignette visa after the expiration of the initial 30 days entry clearance visa or do we have to put in a fresh spouse visa application.

My wife was granted a 30 days entry clearance back in march which expires tomorrow, but she's unable to travel to UK tomorrow. Is it ok for us to apply for a new 30 days entry clearance after tomorrow or do we have to apply for a fresh spouse visa application altogether please.

I'd very much appreciate your advise on this.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 30 days Vignette

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:19 pm

You can apply for a new 30 dsy one. Costs just under £200 per applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Post by Rolex19 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:28 pm

[quote=CR001 post_id=1624539 time=1524169166 user_id=70994]
You can apply for a new 30 dsy one. Costs just under £200 per applicant.
[/quote

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your quick response, much appreciated.

Just wanted to check if it's ok to apply after the expiration of the initial 30 days. Or do we have to apply before the initial 30 days entry clearance expire? does it really matter at all.

I'm just looking for clarification on that.

Thank you.

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Post by Rolex19 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Can you please help me on this.

Can I still apply for a new 30 day vignette visa for my wife even though her initial 30 days visa has already expired or do I have to apply for a fresh spouse visa application?.

Many thanks in advance.

AL1982
Pakistan

Post by AL1982 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Did your partner have an emergency for which she could not make it within 30 days? If not, seems strange not to have travelled within the deadline.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-vignette

3. ECB17.3 Replacing a 30 day short validity (travel) vignette
30 day vignettes can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK.

If the applicant has been granted a 30 day vignette and fails to enter the UK within the 30 day validity period, they must make an application for a replacement 30 day vignette by applying for a Transfer of Conditions.

If the applicant loses or has their passport (& vignette) stolen before they travel to the UK, they will need to replace the passport and report the loss/theft to the police before making a Transfer of Conditions application for a replacement 30 day vignette. Where it is reasonable for them to do so, the applicant should provide evidence that they have reported the loss/theft to the police. Where no evidence is available the case should be referred to an ECM.

For all replacement visas, case notes and other records must be updated to take account of the lost or stolen passport and visa.

Not sure where your wife is travelling from but the cost from Pakistan is 26308 PKR which as of 16:30, 21/04/18 is £162.40.

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Post by Rolex19 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:08 pm

AL1982 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:30 pm
the deadline.
AL1982 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:30 pm
Did your partner have an emergency for which she could not make it within 30 days? If not, seems strange not to have travelled within the deadline.

3. ECB17.3 Replacing a 30 day short validity (travel) vignette
30 day vignettes can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK.

If the applicant has been granted a 30 day vignette and fails to enter the UK within the 30 day validity period, they must make an application for a replacement 30 day vignette by applying for a Transfer of Conditions.

If the applicant loses or has their passport (& vignette) stolen before they travel to the UK, they will need to replace the passport and report the loss/theft to the police before making a Transfer of Conditions application for a replacement 30 day vignette. Where it is reasonable for them to do so, the applicant should provide evidence that they have reported the loss/theft to the police. Where no evidence is available the case should be referred to an ECM.

For all replacement visas, case notes and other records must be updated to take account of the lost or stolen passport and visa.

Not sure where your wife is travelling from but the cost from Pakistan is 26308 PKR which as of 16:30, 21/04/18 is £162.40.
Hi AL1982, thanks for your response. I guess we can apply for a new 30 days vignette after the expiration of the initial 30 days in that case. She's currently unable to travel.

Thank you.

Obidi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Obidi » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:15 pm

Hello, please did you manage to get this resolved? How did you do it?
My wife is in similar position. She was issued her passport with expired vignette. The vignette expired 1 week before she was called to collect her passport.
Am trying to find out how she can be able to get another 30 days vignette.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Obidi wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:15 pm
Hello, please did you manage to get this resolved? How did you do it?
My wife is in similar position. She was issued her passport with expired vignette. The vignette expired 1 week before she was called to collect her passport.
Am trying to find out how she can be able to get another 30 days vignette.
The link was given in the previous post in the thread. :idea:

This thread is almost 1 year old and member Rolex19 hasn't visited the forum since Apr 21, 2018
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.