ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

international graduate scheme

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

egghead
Newly Registered

international graduate scheme

Post by egghead » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:29 pm

i had my hsmp application refused on ground of 'unable to verify document relating to diploma obtained from xxx' -.

anyways, my student visa is expiring , and i found that i can apply under the IGS (international graduate scheme) on basis of I've complete my diploma studies with a recognised affiliated university in UK.

not taking my chances this time and i'm going to do this with a solicitor,
due to unforeseen bad experience i faced with the hsmp application, wondering if anyone has succesfully applied for this,switching from student visa? may i know what documents were sent to ensure everything should be processed smoothly?
Last edited by egghead on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Re: international graduate scheme

Post by mayurbar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi
I have successfully got IGS for 1 year. I have applied after 1st march'08 still i got for 1 year only. I dont know who has spreaded rumour of IGS for 2 years if we apply after 1st march. Anyway, the solicitor is costing you a lot. £2500 is a lot!! You can communicate with me on my mail address at mayurbar@hotmail.com. Then we can discuss what we can do. Meanwhile try to keep a good look around for cheap solicitors. It should be better if you dont take a risk this time. Lookin forward to speak to you. all the best.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:39 am

Mayurbar,

You got it wrong. There was no rumour that from 1st March the new post study visa will commence.
The fact is that new post study work visa which is due to come sometime this summer will be for 2yrs. But that has not started yet. You need to follow this forum regularly and obtain the right information.

egghead
Newly Registered

Post by egghead » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:52 am

my mistake mayubar! it's £250 not £2500!

glad to know you got yours. thanks for advice. hope this will go through smoothly.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: international graduate scheme

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:19 am

egghead wrote:inot taking my chances this time and i'm going to do this with a solicitor, due to unforeseen bad experience i faced with the hsmp application, wondering if anyone has succesfully applied for this,switching from student visa? may i know what documents were sent to ensure everything should be processed smoothly?
IMHO there is no need or benefit to using a solicitor for an IGS application, it is a very straightforward application and is designed to be done without legal help. Save your money.

As for the evidence, you need to show that you have successfully completed a relevant course within the last 12 months, that you intend to seek and take work, and that you can support yourself without claiming public funds. It is all listed clearly on the application form.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.