ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby on Way and so many Questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bebe79
Newly Registered
Brazil

Baby on Way and so many Questions

Post by Bebe79 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello Everybody,

I never posted on a Board like this before and I hope that somebody could help me to get some advice how to get help in our situation.
Let me just explain our story:

My Fiance and I are together for about 2 years. He is Brasilian and I have a Polish Passport ( lived in Germany all my Life though). We met over the Internet supporting Orphans in Brasil. We visited each other and last year he proposed to me. Unfortunately, we were unable to live with each other as he was in the Brasilian Army. Anyway. On my last visit, I fell pregnant. And this baby means a lot to us as I didn't think that would be possible. I am also suffering from severe complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and he is the only person ever to get to me.
So he finished his Army Job this year and came to take care of me. Which is a blessing as I am struggling with my condition.
He can remain for 6 Months without a Visa. But what shall we do when this time expires?
Baby is due end of May. I am working Part time due to my Condition and Pregnancy.
I can not imagine to be alone which will also increase my suicidal thoughts.
I am not self-sorry for myself or try to bore anyone, but I feel so helpless.
Are there any options? At least to extend his time here to find one solution?

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Baby on Way and so many Questions

Post by humbleguy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Totally understand your feeling here. I think neither you or your partner is British citizen is it even possible to sponsor him here?

Anyways, I would suggest to go see a lawyer?

Bebe79
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Bebe79 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:30 pm

No, I have an EU passport.
We paid for Lawyer advice already. But the suggestions were not promising. Will the Baby be British? And are there any special rules for Fathers of British born children or Partners who rely on help?
He cries every night in fear losing us as he has no family. I have nobody too. It's so depressing :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:17 am

Bebe79 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 pm
I lived in Germany all my Life though
If you have been a qualified person in the UK for at least 5 years and have not been absent for longer than two continuous years since then, then your UK-born baby would be automatically British.

Else, register UK-born baby after you acquire PR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bebe79
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Bebe79 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:47 am

Is this a positive fact for us?
I am in U.K since 7.07.2007. So quite a while. Never left.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:34 am

Have you worked all through and registered under the workers registration scheme, if relying on period of continuous five years ending in 2013 or 2014.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors