ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

chandu2004 help with EC in NZ

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jakey1974
Newly Registered

chandu2004 help with EC in NZ

Post by jakey1974 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi chandu2004, I noticed a post that you applied for EC in NZ. I have my HSMP approval letter but have to return from London to apply for EC in NZ as I cannot switch from WHM visa in the UK. I have filled out the online VAF2 application but I am not sure of the documentary evidence I require. Do I supply everything I did to get HSMP approval and what are the rules on the fund maintenance (i.e., minimum amount, for how long etc). Thanks very much

PS - is there a process to speed the application up or at least get an earlier appointment to do the Biometrics? I have an exploding job offer for the 1 May so I need to fly back asap and get it all processed!

britches
Newly Registered

Post by britches » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:09 am

Hey, I emailed embassy regarding how long the EC would take with processing an HSMP visa, and they replied with 3 weeks.

Not sure of getting a better biometrics appointment, as you are supposed to manage that online during the application. You will have to ring them in order to get an earlier appointment if it's not available online, I guess.

I can't remember sall the supporting documents are that you are supposed to have, I know that you need 3 months of bank statements, you should have accommodation details, hsmp letter & passport

Hope that helps.

jakey1974
Newly Registered

Post by jakey1974 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 am

Hi Britches, thanks for the response. I spoke to the Brit High Comm in NZ today. THe HSMP approval letter and bank statements are the key documents. There is no way of getting an earlier appointment and no way of speeding the processing time. I thought being in NZ the Brits might be a little more accomodating!

hsmpkiwi2
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpkiwi2 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:30 am

I noticed in the EC docs they say to send in current and all previoous passports - does anyone know the implications of not sending in one of my passports?(I have had 3)

I can't locate it, and it would probably be better if they didn't see it anyway...

jakey1974
Newly Registered

Post by jakey1974 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:30 am

I wouldn't worry about the older passports. Many people fill theirs up and apply for new ones or, if you are like me, lose theirs only to find it again having applied for a new one!