ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are my options in this limited time frame?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrgeek0
Newly Registered
Pakistan

What documents are required for a Tier 2 visa switch from inside the UK?

Post by mrgeek0 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:38 am

My Visa expires in 5 weeks, and my new company in yet to file an application to acquire a license for moving me from Tier 2 (current company) to their Tier 2 (new company). Everything is been done on a priority level, including CoS acquisition and Visa application. The company has done all RLMT work and application for its Tier 2 license to go out tomorrow. So my questions are:

— My Visa expires on 5th May 2018, so do you believe I can pop in my application before it expires?[1]
— What documents do they ask for Tier 2 visa switch inside the UK?
— Do they need bank statements etc given a CoS states it is sufficent to pay?
— Does the health charge come into play here?
— Do we need to give English proof again for the switch?

[1] Do you think I can utilize the 14 day grace period limit here, just in case, without affecting my ILR app.

Thanks in advance for your help.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: What documents are required for a Tier 2 visa switch from inside the UK?

Post by UKLL » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:20 am

mrgeek0 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:38 am
My Visa expires in 5 weeks, and my new company in yet to file an application to acquire a license for moving me from Tier 2 (current company) to their Tier 2 (new company). Everything is been done on a priority level, including CoS acquisition and Visa application. The company has done all RLMT work and application for its Tier 2 license to go out tomorrow. So my questions are:

— My Visa expires on 5th May 2018, so do you believe I can pop in my application before it expires?[1]
I don't know, fingers crossed

— What documents do they ask for Tier 2 visa switch inside the UK?
They will tell you when you apply, there will be a sheet telling you what document to send. I think it's your application, police registration if you need one, passport and BRP.

— Do they need bank statements etc given a CoS states it is sufficent to pay?
Not for switching from inside the UK

— Does the health charge come into play here?
Yes you pay when you apply

— Do we need to give English proof again for the switch?
No

[1] Do you think I can utilize the 14 day grace period limit here, just in case, without affecting my ILR app.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mrgeek0
Newly Registered
Pakistan

What are my options in this limited time frame?

Post by mrgeek0 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi, so I am waiting for my new company to get a sponsor license so we can apply for my Tier 2 switch. My leave expires in under 2 weeks, so I am writing on this forum to see what are my options. Please, any of your input is going to be valued.

1. Can I utilize the 14 day grace period and provide "Home office delays" as "good reason"?
2. Is is the time of the online application submission that initiates my Section 3C leave ?
3. How fast can one generate a CoS if my new company is awarded a Sponsorship license this week?
4. How fast /straightforward is the Tier 2 extension given a sponsor already has a year till their license expires?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: What are my options in this limited time frame?

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:33 am

mrgeek0 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:40 pm
Hi, so I am waiting for my new company to get a sponsor license so we can apply for my Tier 2 switch. My leave expires in under 2 weeks, so I am writing on this forum to see what are my options. Please, any of your input is going to be valued.

1. Can I utilize the 14 day grace period and provide "Home office delays" as "good reason"?
No.

2. Is is the time of the online application submission that initiates my Section 3C leave ?
Yes.

3. How fast can one generate a CoS if my new company is awarded a Sponsorship license this week?
May.

4. How fast /straightforward is the Tier 2 extension given a sponsor already has a year till their license expires?
Don't know.

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What are my options in this limited time frame?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:33 am
mrgeek0 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:40 pm
May.
@ cyclina1 - please read a users post before responding with incorrect information. The user is switching WITHIN the UK with a UCoS, which is a separate process to RCoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.